Personal View site logo
Genus Eclipse Variable ND Filter , pictures, resolution and colorshift
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • I was making the same mistake confsing the Eclipse with the other Genustech filter. I couldn't find the Eclipse for sale anywhere other than the Genustech website. All other retailers I could find carry the older model.

• @Rambo Yep, I bought that one by accident and missed the return window. Going to sell it too. Same piece of crap as the LCW Fader

• Not to be confused with the non Eclipse model that's also available.

• Anyone one a LCW ND Fader II for a coaster? It'll protect you fine wood furniture really well!!

• @feha thanks for taking the time to do this.

• You would see a huge difference with the 200mm. I really don't think you need to test anymore. It seems to be a winner for a bargain price. Thanks again and ordering mine right now.

• @vicharris , so far i like it very much, it looks like it does not distort or affect a resolution. Silly i don't have other zoom lenses, my Soligor does have now some problem with aperture ring :-(

I do have a 77mm version (outer filter thread is 82mm, perhaps to avoid problems with wide angle lenses .

• You bought it. Sweet. So I take it you like it? Looks pretty damn good so far. Hell of a lot better than the LCW Fader. No way You'd be able to use it at 200mm.