Personal View site logo
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik you will have to look at @exilenorth's original post to see his settings for the iso.

There is visible noise in my test because I have deliberately tried to break the footage without using any denoiser. Im sure if I take time to grade properly for grading purposes, i would be able to get rid of any noise if any.

• @rajamalik as per my earlier tests of this, I did a lot of shooting on VK1, predecessor to moon, and then tried to break it with avid symphony, watching on the top of a line OLED broadcast studio monitor. Honestly, I could not break the bugger, other than getting noise in the dark reds on extreme tests. So it indeed may be high iso on that one (or non-happy ISO, I believe those 250 increments are about as far from native as they come).

• *** NEWS ***

Cluster X Series 'moon' Trial 4 released later today.

• Don't see the download link to Moon trial 4? Can;'t wait to try it!

• Thx a lot Nick, it's like telepathy - in the last hour i was toyin with the idea to have "Moon 4" in my hands and playin a little with it. You made my night...! ;-)

download link?

• Lesson : To not have noise in your footage try to have less blue channel in RGB parade.Blue channel is the noisiest (for other camera red channel) .Warmer white balance have less noise then cooler white balance. White balance is responsible for having or not noise .And use standard or cinema picture profile with contrast -2 , sharpness -2 and IR (i.resolution) always off. In low light always saturation -2. This should help those who do not yet know quite well the behavior of the GH2 sensor. Try this ,maybe I'm wrong :))

• Guys gonna wait a few hours to conduct some daylight tests. Apologies. Need to be sure its ok.

• @rajamilak Dude, seriously. You keep criticizing all of these patches and footage people put up. Everything you've ever posted is underexposed and looks like it's shot on Mars. Glass house dude...glass house.

• @nameless

still 009 is right where you wanna be : ) you might have the saturation boosted a little too much and it might be causing your issue. the gh2 is a great camera, but as far as pushing the grade THAT far, you will come to a point where you are doing a little bit of damage.

@rajamilak yeah, until you learn where the WB button is you might want to listen and take notes more than you comment. not trying to be rude, but I think you focus on other peoples work more so than your own.

• @GravitateMediaGroup Hit the nail on the head bro!

• @nameless Did you do any neatvideo stuff before you graded? I haven't got around to it yet. Might help out the blocking. I'll try and do one before neatvideo and after.

• @nameless I agree with @GravitateMediaGroup. 009 is it and if we can get that reasonably clean, it's in the same ballpark, color intensity speaking to some BMCC footage. Don't get me wrong, of course the DR doesn't come close but color wise, from what I've seen. Closer than what I've seen out of the GH2 so far, besides maybe some of Shians stuff.

• @exilenorth Was the Tides video shot at sunrise? I ask because if so, I'd say exposure is nice. Some may like more, but for a sunrise shot it's pretty damn cinematic as it is. Maybe driftwood will allow it as a late entry into the sunrise/sunset competition. This Tides shot you did would look great on big screen and could easily be a shot in a big budget hollywood film. Rock on!

Edit: Had originally watched on my Samsung S3 phone with brightness turned down, and it was dark, so thought it was a sunrise shot...and I liked it. Just turned on MacBookPro to watch, and it looked much lighter...but still looks good. If just a regular day shot, I say you could darken it for a sunrise shot...or go with one of the grades Nameless did for a nice looking day shot. Either way, good stuff.

• Since I spend a lot of time taking lowlight and red constantly frustrates me, I like to test on it. This is moon 3 using a 14-140.

long.png
    1920 x 1080 - 561K
  • @peternap lens? and did you use any denoiser? cuz the bricks look REALLY good in this.

• Holy shit that has to be denoised!

• @GravitateMediaGroup Lens=Panasonic 14-140, which is a credit to moon because it normally does not preform well in low light.

The PNG is straight out of the camera and NR is -2

• @vicharris I usually denoise in post Vic. I think it looks damn good considering I was using about the worst night lens in existence.

• Yeah, I didn't see the post with the info till after I posted mine. Love the blacks in it.

• I can't wait to see what moon 4 brings to the table. because moon 3 is already showing some pretty great things. driftwood has really hit the nail on the head, i'm not usually one to be like "this is the best setting ever!" my mouth is watering to see what's going to be possible with the gh3, and this is coming from a guy that owns a BMCC lol

• @peternap: damn nice footage for the 14-140 and lowlight. Like this shot a lot!

• @peternap Wow, that's the very definition of "inky blacks".

• @peternap. Great shot. I own one of those lenses. I guess there is hope for that lense.

• @zaven13: its a nice lens. I got myself a cheap steadycam on ebay and with that lens and OIS (normally i am not a big fan of OIS as it sometimes seems to malfunction and sometimes movement looks artificial) you get a very rocksteady combination for nice steady cam shots.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters