Personal View site logo
Flow Motion GH2 & incredible inexpensive Minolta lenses
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks @stonebat. Funny you should say nice colour grading as I actually didn't grade this piece, just corrected a few of the shots to match contrast and colour but no serious grading was done. These lenses produce lovely colour without much tweaking.

I wanted to shoot everything at eye level and for that matter locked on a tripod, it was different to my usual style as I generally like shooting handheld (with a rig) as it fits with my gritty style of work more effectively but for this short I wanted to try something different.

• Also Tiffen black diffusion fx filter can give slightly more softness for Lumix 14mm. It helps match better with other vintage lenses. After watching "Breaking Bad", I'm a big fan of all handheld. Yours would have looked great with handheld. But trying different way is always fun. Keep up the good work!!!

• Both versions of the Rokkor 58mm have very nice bokeh, but as others have said it's a matter of taste. Lumix 14 is a must have lens at the eBay price if they are still selling for $165.

@aljiminez The Rokkor 35mm/1.8 is great lens if you can find it in the lightweight, compact version with the 49mm filter. I've never seen a cheap one of those, but if you see a cheap one it is a good buy.