Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Flow Motion GH2 & incredible inexpensive Minolta lenses
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks @stonebat. Funny you should say nice colour grading as I actually didn't grade this piece, just corrected a few of the shots to match contrast and colour but no serious grading was done. These lenses produce lovely colour without much tweaking.

I wanted to shoot everything at eye level and for that matter locked on a tripod, it was different to my usual style as I generally like shooting handheld (with a rig) as it fits with my gritty style of work more effectively but for this short I wanted to try something different.

• Also Tiffen black diffusion fx filter can give slightly more softness for Lumix 14mm. It helps match better with other vintage lenses. After watching "Breaking Bad", I'm a big fan of all handheld. Yours would have looked great with handheld. But trying different way is always fun. Keep up the good work!!!

• Both versions of the Rokkor 58mm have very nice bokeh, but as others have said it's a matter of taste. Lumix 14 is a must have lens at the eBay price if they are still selling for $165.

@aljiminez The Rokkor 35mm/1.8 is great lens if you can find it in the lightweight, compact version with the 49mm filter. I've never seen a cheap one of those, but if you see a cheap one it is a good buy.