Personal View site logo
GH3 VF Solution
  • I mentioned I was talking to the Hoodman people trying to come up with a solution for a VF to fit the new camera. They were unable to get one to do tests, so I was giving them measurements and I came up with a thought.

So I ordered another HoodLoupe and HoodMag for a whopping $120 and I was right. All you need is the Manfrotto 501PL QR plate and you're all set - that's it.

The extended 501 and the existing EVF create a perfect compression fit - I mean better than any system out there, and we've got most of them. When I first measured the camera I realized that the little ridge to the left of the screen should make a perfect stop and it did (although it doesn't need it.)

It's perfectly light leakless (hey, a new word) and fits snug as if it were part of the GH3. It weighs nothing and costs just a little more than that.

I noticed that the new version of the HoodLoupe is a tighter diopter and eyecup than the other couple we have which is great. I mentioned the other day that I thought it was optically equal to the Z-Finder Pro. It's not quite, but it's really good and clear and 3x mag. For a hundred bucks or so, it's a silly good fit.

imageimage

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for post your solution . Too bad for me with my 200pl14 plates he he ...dont intend to buy another set and others heads ... I am searching for a solution to my upcoming GH3 . Find this : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769581-REG/LCD_Viewfinder_LCDVF169_LCDVF_16_9_Viewfinder.html But , it lacks a diopter . I am afraid because of it .

• Yes, without the diopter it doesn't work for me either. The Hoodloupe is working great t hough.