Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 VF Solution
  • I mentioned I was talking to the Hoodman people trying to come up with a solution for a VF to fit the new camera. They were unable to get one to do tests, so I was giving them measurements and I came up with a thought.

So I ordered another HoodLoupe and HoodMag for a whopping $120 and I was right. All you need is the Manfrotto 501PL QR plate and you're all set - that's it.

The extended 501 and the existing EVF create a perfect compression fit - I mean better than any system out there, and we've got most of them. When I first measured the camera I realized that the little ridge to the left of the screen should make a perfect stop and it did (although it doesn't need it.)

It's perfectly light leakless (hey, a new word) and fits snug as if it were part of the GH3. It weighs nothing and costs just a little more than that.

I noticed that the new version of the HoodLoupe is a tighter diopter and eyecup than the other couple we have which is great. I mentioned the other day that I thought it was optically equal to the Z-Finder Pro. It's not quite, but it's really good and clear and 3x mag. For a hundred bucks or so, it's a silly good fit.

imageimage

GH3Hood.jpg
    640 x 397 - 41K
    GH3Hood2.jpg
    640 x 379 - 46K
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for post your solution . Too bad for me with my 200pl14 plates he he ...dont intend to buy another set and others heads ... I am searching for a solution to my upcoming GH3 . Find this : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769581-REG/LCD_Viewfinder_LCDVF169_LCDVF_16_9_Viewfinder.html But , it lacks a diopter . I am afraid because of it .

• Yes, without the diopter it doesn't work for me either. The Hoodloupe is working great t hough.