Personal View site logo
5.6" 1280x800 on camera monitor with peaking, aka H056
  • 344 Replies sorted by
  • @Steve_Malick

Same manufacturer who made original plastic monitor :-)

• Which manufacturer produces the metal version?

• Oh well. Guess it's HDMI for me then : /

Thanks for clearing that up Vitaliy.

• Okay, the AF100 has an HD-SDI output. From the photos I saw before I bought the monitor, it looked like there was an SDI INPUT and an SDI OUTPUT right next to it. I can't get an image to come up on the monitor.

• @losad83

What do you mean? Only monitors with HD-SDI input can work with SDI output :-) Or you can get cheap converter.

• Okay, so I'm trying to get my SDI output from my AF100 to work on my monitor, but I'm getting nothing. Is the input not able to take an SDI input?

• Could someone put this monitor on a scale and see how much it weighs? (without battery and with battery) Thanks!

• I just got mine, as everyone said its well built, nice for focus and composition. a lot better than my old Lilliput 5"569GL.

• Btw, funny chart about galaxy Nexus 10 screen

• "Has there been a user upgradeable firmware release for the original monitor, to fix 16by10 issue?"

Don't hold your breath waiting. Flat-panel monitors are a commodity these days. At this price level and quality, it would surprise me if manufacturers didn't consider them to be more-or-less disposable goods with a short life cycle. If you put the question to them, the discussion would probably go something like this: "Firmware? We don' need no stinkin' firmware!"

• Has there been a user upgradeable firmware release for the original monitor, to fix 16by10 issue? Thanks

• It looks like the deepest blacks stay bluefish no mater what. I settled on changing the default 7300k to 6500k as feeling subjectively better but was unable to get it perfect. On the other hand it generally is pretty good. While I would not use it to make critical judgements, it won't throw you off as a composition and focus aid and will provide pleasing playback for clients.

• @Jspatz ok cool! please check if u are able to get the blacks neutrals (not blueish) and the rest of tones neutrals at the same time (not yellowish)

• This was just a casual handheld evaluation. I will follow up with more depth.

• @Jspatz if your colors are ok, may be i was unlucky with mine

• Just got the metal monitor. The color is a good match to the oled, sharpness and build are outstanding.

• @sherwood

EU taxes and wages :-)

• @losad83 - I got a UK electrical plug with mine. Don't know if they send US/EU/UK etc based on your delivery address? Not a big deal anyway, I've got US plugs here and just use a socket converter for a few quid.

• EquipRent, an established online retailer in Germany, is offering the OLD version of this monitor on ebay rebadged as the ROKO HD56. But they want 359.99 Euros! (That's US$468) This is an utterly indefensible cost differential considering the price for the identical monitor shipped from Hong Kong was around US$225.

• @vicharris Exact! I had some shoots recently and didnt even use the new H056 because of its colors shift. Make up artist, clients always check in monitors, i calibrated the liliput and its similar to my lcd cam. I know they can use it. Grey must be grey, thats it. @Vitaliy_Kiselev I wrote them 6 days ago about this problem and got no news.

• @slacklaporte I agree with you. I've had a few Liliputs and shoot with one now, one of the newer ones and non of them can show color for shit. Everytime someone comes around to look I tell em, "Stop! Look at the LCD on camera because that looks like shit!" :)

• @slacklaporte

I think it is valid point.

It is best to make shot video to show accuracy of gray along all brightness range.

I'll make shure that factory wiull review it and try to fix as much as possible.

• i got a cheap liliput at 170$ that is more color accurate than this. I dont mean than a monitor at this range of price MUST be perfectly calibrated, but in this case, blacks are really blue and i consider that like a default. Each of u know what are your needs. But you always get what you pay for.

• Last question @arknox and @sherwood. Is the power supply that comes with it made for U.S. electrical outlets? Excited about this thing!