Personal View site logo
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • Im using V2.02 and under strip lighting/indoor lighting it seems to crash and give me error messages down to card speed. Im using my GH3 mostly now anyway but got the GH2 as back-up. Under normal daylight the hack works great....

• check this video out

• @babak. Since I did not see a reply from @LPowell, You want to go with FM 2.02 and you can just install 2.02 by itself.

• @LPowell, Thank you for the links and the extensive (very helpful) information. I am new in this field. Just got my GH2 and trying to figure out which patches I should use (not easy mind you). But I have a question: which one of the Motion Flow versions above (2.0, 2.01 or 2.02) I should use? Do I need to instal the first one first and then move up to 2.02? Or can I just install 2.02? Many thanks for the answer. Babak

• deleted

• By far my favorite patch! Just shot this a few weeks ago for a directing class I'm taking and am very satisfied. The assignment was to remake a scene from a movie and I chose Night of the Living Dead. Excuse the bad audio, I didn't have anybody helping me on this. Just me and the actors! A friend came halfway through to shoot while I played the zombie lol

Some of the images are cropped and they held up very well! The uncompressed file looks amazing.

• @skydragon I had the same problem

• Who else using FM 2.02 and Adobe products is getting the problem described in this thread?

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5120/please-help-problem-with-my-gh2-footage

• I just want to post this music video that I shot during summer using Flow Motion v2.

• I think Vitaliy Kiselev will close this thread soon, as it's more than 1.0K now and it's to large.

• @wallasdaviola thanks for sharing your work; I enjoyed it a lot... Al

• Music Video I made usinng Flowmotion v2.02 , thank you very much for for the hard work @lpowell and everybody envolved.. This is pretty much my first work, criticism are welcomed.

• @lpowell Had a camera freeze. Had to take the battery out to 'unfreeze'. A file still recorded to the card but when trying to play back in Windows Media Player (on a Windows 7 system) it crashes and blocks. All the other files play without problem. FlowMotion 2.02. Card was the SanDisk 32GB 45mb/s class 10 (I assume that this card caused the freeze..) HBR mode at iso 3200 shooting outside in the evening with the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 pancake lens. Shutter speed 1/25s and aperture f2.5. For the rest the hack was great. Image quality higher than I had expected from HBR mode. Really want to thank you for making this possible!

• Long time listener, but seldom poster.

Just wanted to share a piece I just finished with the Flowmotion v2.02 patch- and say thank you to Mr. Powell & everyone else here.

xB.

• GH2 + Glidecam + FlowMotion. Special thanks @LPowell!

• Testing out "retro" c-mount glass and Flowmotion v2.x. Used smooth -2 -2 0 -2 and 320 ISO with 95mb Sandisk 64mb card. This was shot with a Kodak Cine Ektar 63mm f/2 lens built in 1948 (S-mount to C-mount to C-mount to M43.) Slight color grading in FC7.

• GH2 with Flow Motion v2.02 :)

• @lpowell thanks for the heads up, I'm going to donate, this project and your quick response to people is just way rad.

• @anciar Check out the first post in this thread for details on Flow Motion v2 limitations in 720p SH mode. You should have no problems when using manual-focus lenses in manual exposure mode. If you want to use auto-exposure features in 720p, I'd recommend trying FM2's 60Mbps H mode instead of its 100Mbps SH mode.

• now it all seems to be working :/

• I have fm2 and just formatted my 95mb/s card and it worked perfectly in the day but then at night it kept kicking back "motion recording was cancelled due" - then I need to remove the battery to start over. I don't get it and I want to keep this patch, any ideas?

• @kent You need to use the L setting when this happens and when using sharp Panasonic lenses... Al

• LPowell: Flowmotion freeze. Shooting with Panasonic 35-100mm, wide open, etc mode. Kept happening inside a floro lit church. For info.

• .. I had big "snow effect" problems with this patch and stripes in low lights...

• @Capt_Crunch Before you can download any files, you need to register and log into the Personal-View forum.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions