Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Greece: Some results
  • 157 Replies sorted by
  • Banks pushed derivative investments on national governments when they knew they were sub par but were labelled as prime investment grades by the rating agencies.

Again, it is not the problems cause. It is same thing as blaming coyotes for ripping dead corpse that died from starvation.

Banks run wild, but they did many nasty things for many many years and in many countries.

• Yes but this IS specifically why so many countries are bust right now, it was 2008. We are still living in the consequences of the broken markets from Lehmans. I do blame banks because they are part of a cabal of central banks and quasi international organisations pretending to help people when they are asset stripping, IMF, BIS, EU etc. The federal reserve printing money has been the problem for 100 years, on top of this is of course a growing dependent society. But with drugs we blame the drug dealers so why not blame the banks even if the people only have themselves to blame also. The root is the banking system. People like Putin understand this and kicked a lot of them out.

• Yes but this IS specifically why so many countries are bust right now, it was 2008. We are still living in the consequences of the broken markets from Lehmans. I do blame banks because they are part of a cabal of central banks and quasi international organisations pretending to help people when they are asset stripping, IMF, BIS, EU etc.

Well, again. Do not blame coyotes. They have nothing to do with corpse death.

Actually it is more like domesticated wolfes who now eat their terminally ill owner.

You need to dig deeper and read more, as "it is central and private banks who are cause and they are horrible" is just one level below from mass media "all is ok, we just need to print some money", and is intended for Joe who are slightly above absolute dumb.

• Topic slightly cleared from personal things and reptilians. Use PM for this.

• Vitaliy, who then are the coyotes if not the banks? Elites? Real Madrid? Seriously though.

• Vitaliy, who then are the coyotes if not the banks?

Just read my post. It has citation that makes all clear.

• If you read the post I made by john hermer , you'll see that this is a political hitjob. TG, the greeks have drawn the line in the sand, because it's a line that affects everyone. Like the above article so aptly puts it, it's the same as the mortgage crisis of 2008...engineered by the big banksters, and then covered up by the corrupt political system. In fact , the banksters main lawyer became the attorney general, where he continued to cover for his real bosses, the banksters. Now, not coincidentally eric holder has returned to work directly for the banksters in his old job at covington & burling. All wars are bankster wars. All crisis are bankster engineered crisis. To think this is anything else...is stupid ! The sooner the world rids itself of vermin banksters , the fed, the emcf, the imf, the 5 biggest international banks and the rothschilds empire, the more chance we have for our children to survive !

...and @Vitaliy....what exactly are "charts made by official data" ? And who cares if it's he, she , or it ! Data is manipulative information. Interesting that those 3 countries it names are all countries that have small fuel needs....like compared to russia for instance, where 90% of the population would freeze to death w/o heating oil. What these 3 countries most likely do have in common is they were offered cheap money in exchange for their financial freedom and resources. The banksters place corrupt politicians in place to accept those offers, and now the people are becoming enlightened how they were screwed.

ps...oh yeah....we should also rid ourselves of all those "unions" as well ! It was a good start in 1989, but we just substituted more tyrannical unions..... the european union...the north american free trade union, and now the transpacific partnership union !

• @kurth

Please understand me right. You have specific opinion, and search for data backing it up, ignoring anything that provide more complex understanding. May be it is not right, but at least spend time understanding things first instead of ...

And who cares if it's he, she , or it ! Data is manipulative information.

I care. As PV is not place for low level flame, and some people try forget about this.

Her data and posts are very deep and offer very interesting view, backed by actual facts and happening events.

In many parts I do not agree with her model, but she earned real respect, contrary to lots of pointless flame about banks that really do not provide anything new for long time.

The banksters place corrupt politicians in place to accept those offers, and now the people are becoming enlightened how they were screwed.

Well, I do not see anyone being enlightened.

• she's an accountant who's publishing a wordpress blog...and that's somehow doctrine ?

....and you'll find that peak oil , hubbert's theory , has fundamental flaws.

Well, I do not see anyone being enlightened.

...maybe that's overlooked on your part.

And as for the oil industry, they helped me retire when I was 36 by selling the biggest oil field equipment manufacturer in the world one of 3 patents. You can easily google that....in response to your silly dunning-kruger graph. You seem to like graphs.

• ....and you'll find that peak oil , hubbert's theory , has fundamental flaws

What ones?

And as for the oil industry, they helped me retire when I was 36 by selling the biggest oil field equipment manufacturer in the world one of 3 patents. You can easily google that....in response to your silly dunning-kruger graph

Well, it is not silly. :-) It is quite useful for readers of all this. :-)

You seem to like graphs.

I like to think and like the data that helps with it. And do not like if anyone going personal instead of working at facts level.

• ...he didn't factor new extraction technologies becoming available. We have no idea how much oil is on our planet....believe it, or not.

A graph doesn't make it personal, or impersonal, nor more truthful, or less. Nor does the data. Data is manipulative information. Scientist manipulate it all the time to support their theories/doctrines.

I worked on a daily basis with the worlds top researchers.....univ of texas, sandia labs, oak ridge, lawrence livermore etc, and know alittle about how they work. They manipulate their data to fit their model.

...and yes the silly graph is IS silly. But first, isn't a nobel prize in psychology an oxymoron ? And you attempt to somehow demonstrate your argument's intellectual superiority by using this graph, inferring the person making the counter-argument is intellectually inferior. Actually these guys studied people with extreme learning disabilities, which , by using it, is what you infer ! And that's "going personal" !

• ...he didn't factor new extraction technologies becoming available. We have no idea how much oil is on our planet....believe it, or not.

Any other fundamental flaws? As ones listed are not flaws of peak oil or hubbert theory.

Let me rephrase it using big simplification. For theory that state that you will become old, could do less things, will be ill more time and will die, you provide argument that we do not know exactly how much you will live exactly and that new vitamins and drugs can prolong your life.

I worked on a daily basis with the worlds top researchers.....univ of texas, sandia labs, oak ridge, lawrence livermore etc, and know alittle about how they work. They manipulate their data to fit their model.

On what projects you worked with them?

All of them manipulated data? Any specific examples?

And you attempt to somehow demonstrate your argument's intellectual superiority by using this graph, inferring the person making the counter-argument is intellectually inferior.

Nope :-) I attempt to make you to go back to facts and with less absolutes.

• No nothing?

• As ones listed are not flaws of peak oil or hubbert theory.

..... because it's tied to a timeline, and since we have no idea if we're really under pressure to develop new technologies to replace oil, or not, as hubbert claimed, and we have no idea if we've peaked, or haven't, then how can you say his concept doesn't have a fundamental flaw ?

All of them manipulated data? Any specific examples?

....do you really think I could or should be discussing that on your forum?

.....and generally speaking, researchers don't manipulate data so much as they interpret it to support their model....and since all research inevitably has more/or less viability to be useful to it's grant supporters , researchers tend to tilt in the direction from which the flow of money runs

and even more importantly ....all research being done today in every part of the world...comes from government money. Even if it says "privately funded", if you dig , you'll find the government paying the bill. Or you'll find elites funding the bill...especially in the field of psychology research.

Such as your example. I'm certain that these two researchers are ultimately funded by someone like warren buffet or the rockefellers. Smells like the rockefellers to me. And they're connected to this group who are definitely smelly.

http://www.miller-mccune.org/about/our-board/

And as a contradiction to dunning and kruger , I give this beautiful little documentary , as proof , even if people are less than others perceive them to be, can , thru personal will, create themselves into their vision of themselves, regardless of the perception of others as being incapable.

• ....do you really think I could or should be discussing that on your forum?

Yes, as you stated this things about yourself, so I am very interested about projects you are worked on and examples, as you had been so sure about manipulations.

.....and generally speaking, researchers don't manipulate data so much as they interpret it to support their model....and since all research inevitably has more/or less viability to be useful to it's grant supporters , researchers tend to tilt in the direction from which the flow of money runs

May be some scientist stole love of your life and you do not like them since? :-)

Well, of course someone can tilt the data or interpretation, but we have our own mind and other researchers data.

But this is really going into flame. Let's back to topic.

..... because it's tied to a timeline, and since we have no idea if we're really under pressure to develop new technologies to replace oil, or not, as hubbert claimed, and we have no idea if we've peaked, or haven't, then how can you say his concept doesn't have a fundamental flaw ?

Did you actually read Hubbert or other oil peak works? As from your words it seems that you did not.

As your points mentioned is so old and so unrelated to flaws. This is why I made analogy making it easy to understand for most people.

• so I am very interested about projects you are worked on

I posted a railgun video on the 12:21 post...what happened to it ?

Did you actually read Hubbert or other oil peak works? As from your words it seems that you did not.

first heard about peak oil from m ruppert's from the wilderness years ago

...and it looks like to me ...you've just read one side of the argument-

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/425509/peak-oil-debunked/

“The peak oil theory embodies an ‘end of technology/end of opportunity’ perspective, that there will be no more significant innovation in oil production, nor significant new resources that can be developed.”

http://www.hubbertpeak.com/summary.htm

interestingly the peakoil sources for their latest global catastrophe scenario is using data unavailable to the public

and back to greece...I'd guess that the rising costs and scarcity of oil in that country would affect those .1% greek shipping magnate families far more than those millions of greeks sitting around cafes drinking retsinas

• I posted a railgun video on the 12:21 post...what happened to it ?

I removed it as irrelevant. Use just words and descriptions. It will be really interesting to know details.

As you told about projects and daily work I think you can tell something more than one widely known video.

interestingly the peakoil sources for their latest global catastrophe scenario is using data unavailable to the public

It is not really an argument, just some flame statement.
    Keep to the facts, stop flaming.

...and it looks like to me ...you've just read one side of the argument-

It looks to me that you want to make pointless flame.

And article on provided link is extremely low level.

“The peak oil theory embodies an ‘end of technology/end of opportunity’ perspective, that there will be no more significant innovation in oil production, nor significant new resources that can be developed.”

This is complete nonsense and not true.

Instead of this shit try to really spend time and read, research, any sides you want.

PV blog economic posts are made to express opinion backed by data.

and back to greece...I'd guess that the rising costs and scarcity of oil in that country would affect those .1% greek shipping magnate families far more than those millions of greeks sitting around cafes drinking retsinas

LOL

• And article on provided link is extremely low level.

you mean the one from MIT Technology Review ....extremely low level ....hah , right ?

• you mean the one from MIT Technology Review ....extremely low level ....hah , right ?

I am talking about contents, not site name or MIT brand.

P.S. Blog remark removed, as it was inappropriate. I warned and do it now last time - do not attack persons, sites, or anything not related to actual thing.

• Here's a different theory on why Greece is bankrupt (ps this guy is often anti-establishment in his posts, but here he seems to be sympathetic with govt):

http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/108-greeks-executed-for-abusing-the-welfare-system-17235/

Modern Greece is legendary for its absurd public benefits. Hairdressers get to retire with full benefits on a taxpayer-funded public pension at age 50; dead people receive welfare benefits.This is an insane, easily abused system that’s brought Greece to bankruptcy. [In ancient Greece] Odysseus killed every one of 108 men who milked the system. The Greek government is certainly set on doing the same. But since they can’t identify any single perpetrator, they’re going after the entire nation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/12/2A54B5AB00000578-3153301-Barking_mad_The_extravagant_Wang_Sicong_the_son_of_China_s_riche-a-69_1436354055008.jpg

• The government has increased the value-added tax rate from 13 to 23 percent on some 100 categories of products and services with the aim of raising an additional 2.4 billion euros in revenues over the next 18 months. It has done so with neither a concrete idea of the turnover of each category nor the possible impact on revenues from a major decline in consumption while the country sinks back into recession.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/199719/article/ekathimerini/business/govt-vat-hikes-lacked-good-planning

• yep....sadly tsipras blinked...or sold out his motherland . What he didn't understand was the mythological power Greece has to control europes destiny. Well. the banksters are still in control.

• What he didn't understand was the mythological power Greece has to control europes destiny. Well. the banksters are still in control.

Well, elites always follow interests of the ruling class :-)

• VAT tax increased from 13 to 23%.

• People can't really live on mythological power...