Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Power solutions: Powering whole rig for hours from 40$ Battery?
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • I bought the battery (with a rod mount just having arrived today, will pick it up later) and it works great! The best thing is that I can power my SmallHD too.

• Does anyone know of one that has a charge indicator? I bought a few of these similar types (blue instead of black) for powering my LED lights, but dislike how I can't tell how much juice is ever in the battery.

• @killagram @vajk @fatpig I bought a couple of these batteries a while back, but I have no cable to connect the battery to the coupler. The ones that come with it don't connect to the coupler and I couldn't find an adapter or cable that would at radioshack. Can anyone provide me with a link to something that will work? Like the one that's in the video @vajk posted, but not a whole kit, just the adapter. Thanks.

• @kupchenpo I believe I picked up an AC adapter from Radio Shack or something. Just make sure to keep the polarity and voltage correct. I'm not sure of the part # since I'm at work.

• @killagram Cool...at my radio shack they didn't have anything. Would you be so kind as to give me a part # or URL for the part when you get a chance. Thanks!

• @killagram Any chance you could share a part # or URL for the part when you get a chance? Thanks.

• @kupchenpo Sorry I haven't been on this site that much until recently (and at work). I'll have to remember to get the part # once I'm at home. Thanks for your patience.

• @kupchenpo actually I believe I purchased this product from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NNFECS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

along with a battery power adapter directly from Panasonic. Works awesome without a hitch. As for the settings on the adapter I'll have to double check when I get home.