Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GoPro HERO3+ Black and Silver
  • 65 Replies sorted by
  • Mpgxsvcd >Because it is garbage at 720p @ 120 FPS indoors

That sounds more like an issue of using the wrong mode on the camera or even the choosing the wrong camera if your expecting good quality indoors at that frame rate. Not the cameras fault.

• @peternap

Because it is garbage at 720p @ 120 FPS indoors which is all I use it for. I shot the video below with the GH3 and the GoPro 3 mounted on top this past weekend. You can see a few clips in the beginning from the GoPro 3. However, those were 1080p @ 60 FPS clips.

I have the GH3 for the tight shots with low motion. What I really need is a wide angle camera that has very deep depth of field that I can get really close to the action shots with. The GoPro can get decent indoor quality at 1080p and especially at 2.7K. However, the frame rates are not quite what I wanted with those resolutions.

I had several GoPro 3 720p @ 120 FPS clips of the dynos that the kids were doing. Trust me they were unwatchable mush because of the compression and poor lighting. Instead I had to use my 25mm F1.4 lens wide open to get those shots with the GH3. That lens was not quite wide enough and it had too shallow of a depth of field to maintain focus the entire time.

I tried the 14mm F2.5 lens but it could not get enough light in so I had to try to make the 25mm work in very close quarters.

• @mpgxsvcd Why do you say the 720-120 is garbage?

• I am waiting for a GoPro 4. I shot a bunch of video with the regular 3 this weekend and the 3+ wouldn't have helped at all. I am still not convinced that it always improves the image quality. I have seen some comparisons where I liked the 3 better.

What I really want is 1080p @ 120 FPS. The 720p @ 120 FPS mode is garbage. 2.7K @ 60 FPS would be great as well.

• I have two basically new Hero 3 that I bought for a project that didn't turn out. Bought the 3+ to try out...yes the IQ improvement is worth it to me. Should fit the old cases meaning my Cobalt cages would still work...

Hmm...what am I going to do with my two hero 3s....

• You guys with Hero 3 Blacks upgrading? I initially wanted to do it but having second thoughts now.

• I'd buy a gopro off her. but im gonna wait out for next years gopro and give these ones a miss.

• ALL GoPro models have selectable Pal/NTSC frame rates.

• Is it shipping with pal frame rates?

• ..they're gonna need the ambarella chip, and what's even more important, use all of its' attributes !

• The super wide view is a complete gimmick. It stretches 4:3 to 16:9.

The low light mode sounds good but it only works in 30p and 48p modes because the lowest it can go is 24 FPS.

The old camera should be able to use the new batteries.

It really looks like the only thing they have changed is the lens, and added faster wifi. I would love the new lens but the wifi doesn't bother me that much.

This is the first GoPro release where they really were not high fiving each other. Maybe patting themselves on the back but they aren't going to get many people to upgrade until they put the A9 chip in a GoPro 4.

• @rigs

It is pretty easy to ship right away when your improvements are largely software based. I am going to stick it out for the GoPro 4.

• Thank you @rigs So GP3 weight is the same. Housing is 10% lighter. If the 30% would be true then GP9 will be 10g :)

• Go Pro sure does it the right way! They announce and deliver their new products all on the same day. Just ordered the GP3+ Black on line for 399 plus 15 for shipping in 5 - 7 days. Nice!

• Camera: 74g (2.6oz) Camera with housing: 136g (4.8oz)

• Did any one found exact weight of Black3+ in grams?
    I mean more specified then X % lighter.

• Mine too

• After watching that video = my life sucks.

• GoPro's official new demo video using the HDHero3 Plus. Question their customers will be asking... How do I shoot footage like that?

• GoPro website is now live with the new cameras, all info. www.gopro.com

Yeah VK, only a few differences, this is probably what the original Blk should have been, increased battery life, faster wifi, better optics, audio volume record increase, low light mode for dummies who insist on using high frame rates and an ultra super duper super view mode. Big price though $529.