Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Recent work
  • 151 Replies sorted by
  • Password: A1

• Looks real good. Some of those street shots reminded me of Scorcese somehow. Mean Streets or Taxi Driver, can't quite remember where, but somehow it had that Scorsese feel at times. Seems like the cinematographer is more talented than the rappers.

• @matt_gh2 hahah thanks for comparing to a film legend lmfao but yeah normally my videos are better than the artists actual music :/

• "normally my videos are better than the artists actual music :/ "

Glad you said it :) Among others though the dude in the Abyss video has some skills.

I never have the time to catch up with all of your work Deshon, but every time I take the time to start watching it's hard to stop. FYI, I will be posting the nearly finished version of my brothers hip hop parody video in the showcase thread. Everytime I say it is nearly finished though I think of all the things I can do to make it better. If you have any input you can be as blunt as you want, as I respect your work immensely.

• @DeShonDixon The JayDee Pray video is interesting, because the guy has a pretty good voice. But since he can't dance or really move...other than putting his hands together repeatedly...I would've preferred more close-ups on his face...maybe getting the emotion that could match the power of his voice. I would've also preferred to see him in a few different spots in the city. Less body movement for him...and more closeups with interesting backgrounds...maybe at night. Just my 2 cents. But your imagery as always rocks. These guys are lucky you're working with them.

• @matt_gh2 thanks dude I'm pretty sure you're right but i just wanted to capture the scenery and I'm a huge fan of closeup shots but people have been telling me I've been using closeup shots a lot lately they wanted to start seeing some wider shots. Also the reason I choose to shoot a day time was simply for the fact that i've been shooting quite a bit of night shoots lately and just wanted a break from them and do some day light shots :/

• Cool. Rock on

• Password: talk

• @DeShonDixon That Cream video looks unbelievably great. TRUE PRO LEVEL here. Amazing skills! Did you light the street scenes or just found nice spot? Opening and closing shots with Kings jacket just kills. Curious what lenses used, what hack, and what settings (i.e. standard all -2 etc). The daytime stuff looked great also. (Great editing too.) Your videos keep getting better and better. I'm sure the next ones will be even more mindblowing. Rock on!

• @matt_gh2 Thank you! I just found a nice spot since I don't have any lighting gear. I shot with the Rokinon 35mm f/1.4, used @driftwood 1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7 hack and had my GH2 set to smooth all -2 and I didn't add color grading on any of the footage

• Thanks for sharing info. That Moon/rokinon/smooth combo is great. I've also recently seen some Moon/Nikon combo videos that look great.

• @matt_gh2 yeah I actually prefer the olympus zuiko 35mm f/2 over my Rokinon. The rokinon is a little too soft for me the olympus is sharper in my opinion

• Password: troy

• Great stuff!

• Password: troy

• @DeshonDixon

great work Deshon

Might I just inquire what form of stabilisation you used on that Rey little Four Seasons Part 2.

• @DeShonDixon Video is great. Another case of DeShon delivering the goods...while rapper is kinda weak. Is it me...or does this generation of rappers kinda really suck. Golden era was '92 +/- 3 years...Dre Chronic, early Snoop, NWA, Shook Ones Pt2, even some of the better early KRS-1 and the better Pac. Not sure these kids have the heart for it really. But the visuals on this look great.

• @vpetero I use my hands for stabilization on everything I shoot cause I don't get paid enough to buy new equipment.