Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sometimes you have to pay...
  • 89 Replies sorted by
  • ---------------
  • >"This obstacle will be overcome only when the arguments for monetary reform are more widely understood, when opposition to it is more widely recognised as mere defence of private privilege, and when its opponents accept that they risk losing more by continuing to oppose it than by losing the present subsidy. National and international advocacy and campaigning will be needed to bring that situation about."
    Reminds me of "Veni, vidi, vici" :-)

Why "Veni, vidi, vici" ? (How do you relate the conquering of an emperor to this statement from Robertson?)
  • >Why "Veni, vidi, vici"?

Because it sounds even more naive than Mother Teresa plans to become head of Goldman Sachs.
  • lol

well as you might expect from my previous posts, i share this naivity. :)
  • Some interesting charts:

As you can see, both countries already had problems with employment.

And both successfully used banks (and as you could see from their debt problems, not only local banks) to make bubbles and reduce unemployment inflating them (so, bubbles are made from good intentions, usually, but could result in big problems).
    We can see that medication really worked.
    ChartImg1.png
    700 x 300 - 21K
    ChartImg.png
    700 x 300 - 20K
  • Yes i see your point.

Let me ask then : why did the bubble burst? Is it not, because banks issued too much credit (hence too many people worldwide start defaulting on their loans)?
  • > why did the bubble burst? Is it not, because banks issued too much credit (hence too many people worldwide start defaulting on their loans)?

It burst because people are not machines, so they start to think that it is too much risk, too much debt.
    So, banks could not find any more people to give them money (some do not want to get more and some can't be thrusted because they can't return even current amounts).

Back to my analogies.
    You patient died due to extremely high temperature. Fast conclusion is that we used wrong medication and we must had fight this temperature using simple drugs. Under more detailed examination you'll see that it had sepsis and high temperature had been a way organism fights with the problem (unfortunately for patient, problem had been too large to handle).
  • Another interesting data:

revers6.png
    650 x 465 - 155K
    revers7.png
    650 x 460 - 137K
    revers8.png
    650 x 501 - 152K
  • Hmmm... market crash this year?
    2011.png
    697 x 532 - 51K
  • >Hmmm... market crash this year?

This do not mean anything.
    Except that it is simple technical analysys :-)
    Having two lines (support and resistance) forming triangle could mean that probability for market trend change near intersection is larger. MA (and MACD below) are just toys really (and they are not leading indicators).
    Big boys are looking at QE3 (in official or unofficial form).
  • QE3 might be already being priced in.

Copper is the leading indicator. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$COPPER&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p86065272530

Not looking good.
  • I agree on the sepsis. The way money is injected into the economy is poisoned due to the way the money is levied (for private gain instead of social gain) before it is spent. You say the end of fractional reserve lending is too simple a solution. Yet as a solution it would take away the risk that banks can collapse, which i think caused the crisis. But i will look into it further to make sure this is correct. It is an interesting topic to study nonetheless.
  • Want to add small info:

Two year Greece notes, 25% :-)