Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Anamorphic Art Projection at Art-A-Whirl 2013 (NE Minneapolis, MN)
  • Hi, everyone!

I'd love to invite you all to my Senior Thesis art exhibition at the Thorp Building in NE Minneapolis during the Art-A-Whirl event this weekend.

I've been working on this non-narrative landscape video piece for the past four months and I will be projecting it through my Kowa, which I also used to film it. Stop by if you have time, there is lots to see besides my work, my colleagues have some incredible art as well.

http://nemaa.org/art-a-whirl/dates

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • @htinla hey, for 10 grand, I'll give you the Kowa, the pedestal and a projector. I might even throw in a screen.

@Brian202020 wander on over, then. I'll be there the whole time on Friday, and Saturday/Sunday I'll be there in the afternoon.

• I'll try to make it. I live close.

• Don't forget any billionaires that might want an autographed DCP copy for their 4K home movie theaters. I think a 5pc limited edition at 10 grand a pop is fair.

• In all likelihood, yes I will put it on the web. In the unlikely case that someone pays $200 for a blu-ray copy, I would feel obligated to honor my statement that I am only making 10 editions of the piece. But that's not very likely. I am only doing blu-rays to-order, they are not pre-made, and at Art-A-Whirl, folks generally are looking for something they can walk away with right away.

• For those of us who can't fly into Minneapolis, will you eventually screen your video on the web somewhere? Have a great show!

• Unless it´s like the 360 degree projection used for backdrop / lighting of Oblivion I´m not coming.

Just kidding. I only live too far away! :) (good luck with the show!)

• I'll probably stop in at some point as well!

I'll be showing a bunch of my photography in Northrup King (studio 404) as well if people are out and wanna say hi!

• Thanks! Just heading there now to set it up.

• Sweet, will be there! Probably Saturday or Sunday. Good luck.