Personal View site logo
Anamorphic Art Projection at Art-A-Whirl 2013 (NE Minneapolis, MN)
  • Hi, everyone!

I'd love to invite you all to my Senior Thesis art exhibition at the Thorp Building in NE Minneapolis during the Art-A-Whirl event this weekend.

I've been working on this non-narrative landscape video piece for the past four months and I will be projecting it through my Kowa, which I also used to film it. Stop by if you have time, there is lots to see besides my work, my colleagues have some incredible art as well.

http://nemaa.org/art-a-whirl/dates

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Sweet, will be there! Probably Saturday or Sunday. Good luck.

• Thanks! Just heading there now to set it up.

• I'll probably stop in at some point as well!

I'll be showing a bunch of my photography in Northrup King (studio 404) as well if people are out and wanna say hi!

• Unless it´s like the 360 degree projection used for backdrop / lighting of Oblivion I´m not coming.

Just kidding. I only live too far away! :) (good luck with the show!)

• For those of us who can't fly into Minneapolis, will you eventually screen your video on the web somewhere? Have a great show!

• In all likelihood, yes I will put it on the web. In the unlikely case that someone pays $200 for a blu-ray copy, I would feel obligated to honor my statement that I am only making 10 editions of the piece. But that's not very likely. I am only doing blu-rays to-order, they are not pre-made, and at Art-A-Whirl, folks generally are looking for something they can walk away with right away.

• Don't forget any billionaires that might want an autographed DCP copy for their 4K home movie theaters. I think a 5pc limited edition at 10 grand a pop is fair.

• I'll try to make it. I live close.

• @htinla hey, for 10 grand, I'll give you the Kowa, the pedestal and a projector. I might even throw in a screen.

@Brian202020 wander on over, then. I'll be there the whole time on Friday, and Saturday/Sunday I'll be there in the afternoon.