Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 10
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Maybe they want to make the footage look nicer from the start for unexperienced users.

• @Flaaandeeers Thanks mate -- exactly what I was looking for. Why don't BlackMagic make this easier?

• @ahbleza If you want the RAW footage to look flat so you can apply LOG LUTs, you can check this:
    http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/149157#Comment_149157

And yes, RAW footage is almost ready to deliver.

• I've been playing around with the raw capability on my Pocket using Da Vinci, and I'm confused. When I shoot raw with my BMCC, the image looks raw. But when I shoot raw in film mode (not video mode) on my Pocket, it produces images that look quite different -- as if they are not flat at all. And when I attempt to apply a LUT (such as Captain Hook's) then they look awful. The plus side is that the image looks beautiful straight out of the camera. Here's a sample attached, which has not been graded, and was shot raw in film mode.

Additionally, I'm looking for info on how you set up Da Vinci to use 12 bits -- when I try to change settings for a camera on import, it only gives the option of 8 or 10 bits -- how can I tell it to treat the DNGs as 12 bit?

1074849_656680851038230_1067333681_o.jpg
    1656 x 931 - 219K
  • I've just updated to 10 Lite - final from Beta 1, and got 1-2fps playback comparing to usable 15-20 fps real time playback in Beta1, same project opened with medium color correction applied (I have older graphic card but I can live with 15-20 fps).

Immediately returned to Resolve 10 Beta1, works fine, playbacks fine. Anyone else noticed that?

• After not finding a solution I manually set an in- and out-point on the timeline. After that it worked.

• Davinci 10 final just released!!

• @jrd Ahhhhh, I guess that's one of the new changes. I didn't research anything before I updated. Dumb mistake. Thanks guys.

• If you uncheck "create empty timeline" it should populate a sequence the old way.

• Yes, as jrd mentions, you gotta add those media clips to a timeline. It doesn't look like there's a default timeline anymore.

• @vicharris

Try this: after you load your media, go to the edit page, right click in the otherwise empty timeline window and create new time-line, then drag the media thumbnails to that just created time-line. If all that worked, you should now see your clips in the color page.

• @5thwall That's not it. I can add new footage to old projects that I created before I changed to the beta3 version but with any new project, I can load new files into the media page but when I go to color, nothing is there. Odd.

• @vicharris I believe you have to add the drives to the approved list of media pool drives, first. It's under preferences. I was able to load up clips from some FCP X events without any issue.

• @andyharris it's the same posting from the same person.

• @ahbleza +1 here. I have this on one project but not others.

This post shows that others are getting the same issue.

• even if the DL link is marked as b3 it is still the 10.0.0 installer and after installing the Mac version about Resolve indicates 10.0.0b054

• I switched to beta 3 and now I can't load any new media fills in new projects. Just a heads up. Might be me but as soon as I catch up on some rest, I'll delete and reload everything. Something odd is going on with 3 though for me.

• I ran into an odd problem with Da Vinci Resolve 10 that I haven't fixed yet. Maybe someone else can help. I import the edit via XML from FCPX. I do my grading, then go into the Delivery tab. I select all my clips, define the output path, add the job to the render queue and clicked on "Start Render" -- it fails with this message:

Batch item 1 has no record frames.

Please set at least 1 record frame before continuing.

This worked fine in Da Vinci 9. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• Hi. How can I run resolve on a secondary monitor (not dual-using)? Thanks.

• Downloaded Resolve 10 Lite today and it runs on my laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD A6-4320M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 1,5 GHz, 6GB Ram, 1600*900 display, GPUs are AMD Radeon HD 6470M and AMD Radeon HD 6520G.

I absolutely couldn't get Resolve 9 to work on this machine and I was sure Resolve 10 would require at least a full hd display as well, but apparently it doesn't,

Hope that's useful to someone.

• Thanks again --- I've been having some issues with the delivery part of 10 Beta -- hopefully fixes!