Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New Black Magic RAW Cameras: Pocket and S35 4k, general talk
  • 108 Replies sorted by
  • Democratization of cinema. I cant to imagine the offer within five years.

• WOW! BM is really listening to what the users have been saying about what they'd like to see in a new camera. So many times i've read people asking for a 4K super35 and I see they're answering the Super16 crowd as well. Active MFT is the right move and now they aren't messing around.

• Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera: Ultra portable Super 16 digital cinema camera with super wide 13 stops dynamic range, Super 16 sized 1080HD sensor, built in SD card recorder LCD, ProRes™ and lossless CinemaDNG RAW recording, active Micro Four Thirds Lens compability and Micro HDMI monitoring with overlays.

Blackmagic Production Camera 4K: Compact 4K camera with large Super 35 sensor global shutter, Ultra HD and 4K support, built in SSD recorder, touch LCD metadata entry, compressed CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes™ recording, thunderbolt and EF lens compability. Includes DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope.

• 4K global shutter? Are these fake pics? If not, when are these to hit the market, 2016?

• Woah. The pocket version seems awesome even when not knowing shit about it. Wonder if it's just 1080p actualy pixels, ie have to debayer and lose a shit load of resolution. And someone has to say it, hows the rolling shutter?