Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • I'm using moon t5 with a sandisk 64gb 95mb/s card and I've had a few failures on 720p60 with autofocus on, but that is the only situation that creates an issue for me.

• @driftwood I was out shooting with Moon T5 again this afternoon, and I just gotta say, it is simply incredible. Shooting magic hour with big dark clouds right after a rain storm with my Kowa, and wow. This footage is gorgeous. Love the GH2.

• @B3Guy proof or it didn't happen AKA post some screenshots or vids man.

• @rzzl

Your teaser looks great!

• @BurnetRhoades "Youtube higher quality than VIMEO? That's a laugh."

It's also quite true if all you have is the free Vimeo account, which only allows 720p.

• @Maya I'm also seeing over 150 Mb/s with the shots that require it. I have a sample of such footage back on page 18.

• @Jim_Simon but YouTube often doesn't even give you good looking, much less pristine looking, 480P results. Watching either in their windowed form it's still no contest, for me. Looking at the same footage on both sites, using the same upload source, there is no size or presentation of the YouTube version that looks as good as the VIMEO version in my experience.

Where YouTube is the clear winner, however, is they have given folks the means to manage their library and that's sorely, sorely lacking on VIMEO, where everything just goes into one big pile.

• Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.54.23 PM.png
    1440 x 405 - 864K
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.55.55 PM.png
    1440 x 405 - 803K
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.57.23 PM.png
    1440 x 405 - 764K
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 11.57.53 PM.png
    1440 x 405 - 799K
  • @B3Guy, Looks good. What state?

• Hi all, I wanted to share a one-minute film I recently shot with Moon T5. Really love how it looks. Working with T5 has been a pleasing experience. Kudos to Nick.

Sun Anamorphic Lens + Nikon Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 on the GH2

• I just directed and edited a movie "A Dream Revered" for the Operation Paul Revere movie contest on GH2 with the Cluster X Moon setting. All shot on GH2, the fridge shot is the only one shot on GoPro3 and some stock footage in the midle.

• this is a one great move! informal and nice edited, great narration! .....who cares about equipement :)

• Technical Aspects of the movie were great. The GH2/Moon are great examples of how the two work great together! Great job on this piece!

• Slipstream T5 (Nostalgic all -2) ISO 160 All 24 fps except the water and birds is 60P. Insane quality with my double GH2 3D setup. Best low noise I have seen 3200 iso (not in this video) Looks very clean I was suprised at 6400. I could get 30 min. of recording on 16 GB 95 card + not one error. Color graded in after effects to give the video a more dynamic real life look.

• Hello Guys

I really love the Moon 5 but unfortunately it is very unstable on my San disk Ultra 30MB/s. I am wondering what will happen if I will change manually the bit rate in Ptool from 72mb/s to 44 mb/s ? Will that cause any problems ? At least it should work OK with my SD card.

• @wisiu The Driftwood settings are generally fine-tuned in an inter-dependent fashion. Changing one parameter might well require changing other settings to get good results.

Now, I am not sure what you mean by changing from 72mb/s to 44mb/s because either you are talking about the 150 mb/s H setting or the 80 mb/s L setting for Moon 5 or you are talking about the bitrates you happen to be getting when shooting a particular scene with Moon 5. Either way, before you try changing anything with 24H, make sure that you have tried shooting at 24 L to see if that was more stable.

If 24L does not work well for you, I would suggest either looking at non-intra settings or (if intra is important to you) looking back to some of the earlier Driftwood Quantum X settings from last year, like Pictoris etc. (which I seem to remember had a lower bitrate but it has been a while).

• Cluster drewnet v6 (I think this is the correct version?) is extremely reliable (should work well with slower cards too) and has a very good quality / bitrate ratio.

Rather than altering moon t5, go with a different setting that allows for a slower card. (IMO)

Maybe @Driftwood can comment.

• thanks johnhizzle and dado023... One thing I want to mansion... i did have a lots of flare coming in straight under overcast and even with the barn-doors, still the prime lenses flared but not the kit zoom lens.. you can see it in the Paul Reverehorse scene the spot in the middle... I am not sure if is a faulty or dirty censor or it's just the camera sensitive to flare...

• @RRRR
    hey man, thank you for this info, i am gonna try this one, that is for sure.

....once again thanks, and keep your fingers crossed for me :)

• Tried the "Moon" trial 5 at 24L and it's amazing! Very good motion, thanks sir Driftwood! Just a sample from the beauty contest "Queen of Ukraine" in Heraklion of Crete in Greece, enjoy . . .

• I'm using the Cluster-X Slipstream-2 patch, testing it out for two days now, and I'm very impressed. I was looking for a good middle range patch to get the best marriage between recording time and quality. I get spanning even on the 24p High setting (but that's the only one that doesn't playback in camera) and the video image just looks so good even when filming the surface of water moving. I'm using a 64GB/95Mb/s SD-card like most here seem to do and that's enough to get almost 2 hours of filming in highest quality. Just wanted to thank everyone involved.

• ok, just a quick question regarding mjpeg mode, to clear up my confusion.

final resolution is 2048 x 1152px.....is this placebo or real resolution?
    here is the complete info from MPCHC: http://pastebin.com/tMkP1abq

i have used drewnet v6

• @dado023, it is real resolution, AFAIK. But you are stuck with 30fps (or 2fps, that's the only other framerate I've found that doesn't cause a crash). I have MJPEG VGA mode set to 2160 x 920 for 2.35/Cinemascope with my 2x anamorphic. However, I rarely use MJPEG

• just to be on the safe side, i am just curious while sceptical :)
    So you are saying this is not some upscale trickery of 720p resolution or such, it is genuine captured 2048x1152p video , right?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters