Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Genus Eclipse Variable ND Filter , pictures, resolution and colorshift
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • I was making the same mistake confsing the Eclipse with the other Genustech filter. I couldn't find the Eclipse for sale anywhere other than the Genustech website. All other retailers I could find carry the older model.

• @Rambo Yep, I bought that one by accident and missed the return window. Going to sell it too. Same piece of crap as the LCW Fader

• Not to be confused with the non Eclipse model that's also available.

• Anyone one a LCW ND Fader II for a coaster? It'll protect you fine wood furniture really well!!

• @feha thanks for taking the time to do this.

• You would see a huge difference with the 200mm. I really don't think you need to test anymore. It seems to be a winner for a bargain price. Thanks again and ordering mine right now.

• @vicharris , so far i like it very much, it looks like it does not distort or affect a resolution. Silly i don't have other zoom lenses, my Soligor does have now some problem with aperture ring :-(

I do have a 77mm version (outer filter thread is 82mm, perhaps to avoid problems with wide angle lenses .

• You bought it. Sweet. So I take it you like it? Looks pretty damn good so far. Hell of a lot better than the LCW Fader. No way You'd be able to use it at 200mm.