Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @ResidentJack I think that t4i test has been pretty well debunked across the forums from a GH2 standpoint...there is a lot they didn't do right.

• @residentjack Its probs a wind up. made me laugh. They don't exactly go very deep. Besides if people want to believe them without doing their own research, then let them - who gives a fuck really?

• @driftwood Thanks for your comments. It's just plain sad the kinda crap people believe and fall for. I personally am blown away by your work and the power of the GH2. After two years of using a 60D, I painfully regret not having gotten a GH2 sooner. A lot of the people I work with also can't believe the image quality of the GH2 and are now jumping on board and getting one.

• Thanks again! :)

• @driftwood Cluster X image quality is just Ground-Breaking... I have been testing Cluster X DREWnet Trial 8 (24p High Settings) for two days now however I have very frequent card playback errors (on SanDisk Extreme Pro [Class 10] 95 Mo/sec - 8 Go) Rebooting won't help. Is another Trial more reliable? Is there some update to be released? Thank you

Nebula Trial 4 seems a nice option too.

• My before and after color grade. Shot with Cluster X: Moon Trial 5. This is the graded version from the video I posted earlier.

• "You also get 80% mode at 24H and iA modes working "

What does this 80% mean?, can anyone explain what exactly is this?

thanks

• @dado023. I don't intend to be mean but don't take the easy route. Do some searching like everyone else. If you check the manual that comes with the camera or download the PDF version from Panasonic site and look for variable movie mode, you will find out what 80% is. Cheers.

• I have done such research and I am slightly confused (sorry if this is off topic) but is 80% mode in camera as good as 720 50p slowed down in post, is the 80% just for convenience. Seriously I have searched high and low on this subject. Bottom line, what is the best quality way of obtaining slow mo.

• 80% mode is the GH2 variable frame rate mode.

Think of it like this you record @ 30fps and then slow down the clip to 24fps. That is what 80% mode dose. It's not really slow mo but it can take the edge off of handheld shots.

720p is your best bet for real slow-mo.

• Thanks bitcrusher . The simplest explanation i have have . Cheers

• @bitcrusher

Which moon did u use in that vid?

• @bitcrusher

thank for clearing that up, because i was getting lost in other forums looking for this, and in manual on p.126 there is no mention of it, so you pretty much nailed what 80% is....once again thanks :)

• A small sample of DREWnet 7 and obektiv CANON TV ZOOM LENS J 12x10

• @kris, could you tell more about your unique lens, what's the f stop, how does it attach to the body?

I do no see vignetting! Looks great!!

• olekalyan, Thank you! Sorry for bad ENGLISH . The lens does have a bit vinete in corners.Mout with adapter, manual production, which is mounted on extender 2x CANON. I have photographed a f5,6 - 8.

canon J12 x10.jpg
    3264 x 1832 - 1M
  • more clearly...

canon sh.jpg
    1308 x 1787 - 1M
  • @kris

you should do a tutorial how to get this all together :), beacuse it seems like a great starting point for ENG wannabe with this lens

• Yes, it is ENG camera without a motor, but that's for another topic

• @driftwood found moire in Moon trial 5 today. camera setting f8 iso 160 shutter 250 day time . a box design shirt with lots of lines and squares showed continues moire in most shots. if u want the clip i will drop box it. thx

• @kris: wow that looks like an amazing setup. Is it worth to go through all the hustle to make this work?

• Mirrokisser , Thank you! This lens surprises me with a clear presentation of tones and colors, without noise . No, I have not touched a noise.I've only touched the colors and cutting-style cine -1920x 850.Save to Camera- Suave 0-0-0--2

• Mirrokisser , Thank you! This lens surprises me with a clear presentation of tones and colors, without noise . No, I have not touched a noise.I've only touched the colors in Premiere CS6, and cutting-style cine -1920x 850.Save to Camera- Suave 0-0-0--2

• @driftwood @thepalalias Used ISO 160 Std -2-2-2-2 Shutter 250 aperture f8, lens 14-140mm .day light shot. Moire Pattern in Moon trial5. 16 shots had this problem. multi pattern moire so odd. any possible rectification?? anything we can do abt it??

vlcsnap-2013-03-14-23h52m15s125.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    vlcsnap-2013-03-14-23h52m24s157.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters