Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Testing out Cluster X 'Spizz' Trial 4, 24p mode. Lightly graded. YT clip doesn't actually do the footage justice.

• @Driftwood Thanks for all that you do in pushing the GH2 to the limit with these amazing patches. I appreciate that you want to squeeze every last possible ounce of quality out of this little video powerhouse.

The gradeability of Moon is unreal. 720 60p works wonderfully at 3GOP. Here is a short dating website promo I shot a couple days ago with Moon Trial 5. First shot is upscaled 720 60p, the rest are 24p. The gradeability of Moon saved my butt in the coffee shop because the lighting and white balance were all kinds of wonky, yet the footage responded quite nicely to large exposure and color shifts. I apologize in advance for my amateur grading as well as terribly blown-out sky throughout the video. A reflector would allow me to better expose subjects outdoors in relation to the sky, right?

• @capnjeffsparrow that first shot was 60P? You might want to check your footage interpretation settings. Looking at the movement in the couple at the table behind your lead actress doesn't show any signs of being slowmo.

Cute idea though. I like how the overcast sky through the window works with her skin tone.

• @BurnetRhoades Yup! I wasn't sure if I wanted the first shot to be in slomo or not, so I shot it at 60p. It's slowed down to maybe 95% in a 24p timeline, and I mostly mentioned it because of the stellar upscaling. Thank you for the comments!

• @capnjeffsparrow Ah, cool. What did you use to upscale with?

I did two shots at 60P in my film on the 7D and it was okay after you cleaned up all the moire and such, but it wasn't this clean at all.

• Where do you download?

• @Fontee. SH works too for the most part. Some situations when you are zooming specially with Panasonic lenses, you may have a write error. Both SH/H have been working for me but with H you have peace of mind.

• *** NEW ***

Driftwood Cluster X Series 'DREWnet' 12/15 GOP Setting Trial 7 Released today 26/02/2013)

Fully working iA modes tested on zoom in/outs on death charts in FSH&HBR/720p modes. Incorporating the same great 1080p24 setting as Trial 6, we've now rejigged the iA modes to fully work whilst still getting brilliant looking 720 and HBR/FSH modes. These Long GOP settings in hi detail iA modes will resolve over 50Mbps 720p and nearly 40Mbps 1080i/HBR giving huge i frames resolving the equivalent of double these bitrates at shorter GOPs.

DREWnet Cluster X setting trials are nearly drawing to a close - many thanks to all those who have tested and reported back here. Try it now - download it from page 1.

Other News

Stabilising Nebula, Spizz and moon on FSH/HBR and 720 modes over the next few days. :-)

Hi-i-frame 720p of DREWnet Trial 7.png
    1283 x 747 - 825K
    Hi-i-frame 1080i and HBR of DREWnet Trial 7.png
    1623 x 867 - 100K
  • @ driftwood as the You name it Moon People would dream to be on.

• Shot with Moon Trial 5

• @DeShonDixon I was waiting for some new stuff from you with this hack! :)

• @DeShonDixon As usual...my only comment...Skizills.

Damn that Moon setting is really working for you here. This is pro quality visuals in my opinion. Curious on lens and settings (standard, smooth ? etc). This may be best Moon footage yet...either way I say well fucking done!

• Whoah, really well done.

• @DeShonDixon great stuff! Also curious about your lens and setup? Keep it up!

• Moon T5 in Bosphorus. Day time HBR and night time 24p on a 25p timeline. Day 14-45mm , night 20mm1.7 panny lenses. FCPX and Kodak film simulation.

• @bozzie "YT clip doesn't actually do the footage justice." you are absolutely right.

• @matt_gh2 @Mirrorkisser I shot it all with a old olympus zuiko 35mm f/2 I found on ebay for cheap and I had it set to smooth -2 -2 -2 -2 and yup everything was handle

• @vicharris Hahaha thanks man!

• @DeShonDixon Nice work. That looks very good. That lens is very good. I have about 20 old OM Oly Zuiko lenses - the faster ones are terrific and I swear by the OM Zuiko 50mm f2 macro and the 50mm and 55mm 1.2s. Theyre gorgeous.

• @DeshonDixon Nice all-around work and that kid has a nice flow.

• @DeShonDixon What adapter did you use for the olympus zuiko lenes... i actually use FD lenses and i Love them, seems a nice aditon to the this "zuiko" type of lenses... is there an adapter available?? Thank you!!!

• +1 to the fotodiox adapters. I have 4 for my oly lenses (saved from my days of shooting film with OM-4t). Cheap enough on Amazon at ~ $20 each to use one for each lens. Makes for quick lens changes by relying only on the 4/3 interface with both my oly and pany lenses.

• @driftwood

more trials of moon coming? or do you think 5 is as solid as it needs to be?

• does Spizz and drewnet uses the same matrix as moon? as far as picture look.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters