Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood tried moon it's so good. But I couldn't judge the quality. It feels almost like intravenus ll. does it has anymore update to come? How can I differentiate them? Can I use moon in wide shots? Or it must not like intravenus?? Do intravenus ll has a update which makes it capable of handling wide shots??

• Hi everybody, can someone tell me witch preset (in the last one published) have the cinema matrice? Thanks.

• Just wanted to know how to identify sharp hacks vs soft ones. I have all 3rd party lenses. Right now I am using Intravenus II 444.

• @heradicattor @driftwood +1 for a set of B&W specific hacks. When you have time of course! You spoil us...

• @kalabalina the thing is, you don't even need colorista to make the corrections. and neat video isn't going to fix your colors, so I'm not sure why you mentioning it has to do with anything, I know it's mentioned in the tutorial. Colorista is a good plugin, but I've never been in a situations where I said to myself "I HAVE to use colorista on this" 3 way is built into premire and pretty much every other NLE. and how can you be "wrong" about making the corrections, that you didn't attempt in the first place?

I ride bmx, shoot bmx videos, and snowboard videos, I seen the same tutorial you posted about 6 months ago. everything he says is pretty much spot on, and if you didn't understand something, watch it as many times as it takes to figure it out, or look up some other "color correction" tutorials.

• @GravitateMediaGroup if i think i'm doing something wrong it would be pretty stupid to try and correct or hide it first, and i didn't even have neat video, now i do tho, and because of your previous comment i forced myself to learn colorista II, so look at the video again tomorrow if you want to see it corrected

@driftwood wich setting? anyone?

• @kalabalina

if you have already watched a tutorial on how to correct these kinds of issues, what is the point of your post, and why wasn't the video you posted already corrected?

• Fast action: Try out 'moon', Seriously.

• Can someone tell me why the settings file disappears after I log in?

• Nah, if you're shooting fast action you need the 60p. I just didn't know that's what you needed it for. If you have the money, maybe one of the 500 LED's they sell here or even the 312 will help out much better. Of course you'll needed someone else to be holding it next to you but they put out a shitload of light. I have two and the 312 actually.

• thanks guys, i will try it, that's how i used to do it before i got the light, 25fps 1/30 and then brighten it up in premiere, that looked better imo, maybe i should stop listening to "the pro's" and do that instead

• Didn't know you were using it for skateboarding. Use the SHARP setting instead. There's a difference when using 3rd party lenses and native MFT lense. The SOFT is made for MFT and SHARP for 3rd party. Also LEE makes a 3200 gel that's made for LED's. It helps to take out the green spike. Might want to look at getting a sheet. You can order just a small piece.

• @vicharris yeah you shoot 60P at 125 using a fisheye when filming skateboarding at night, wich is what i intend to do, the samyang lenses are just as sharp as panasonics i've heard, but i guess there's nothing wrong with it then, it's just that i've seen it done with even higher iso and i thought it looked alot sharper, more detailed and less noisy

it's 3 minutes into this video if you want to compare

• Ok, so I was a little bit of a dick, before. Sorry about that but nothing is wrong with the hack. But yes, the light is really bad and you probably used the orange filter on the front that makes it worse. Also, try it with a SHARP hack instead of soft, maybe try 24p and drop your shutter to 40 or if you can stand it and use the camera well, 30. You'll be in a whole new ballpark. I'm not sure how sharp that lens is either. I thought it was just more of a novelty one.

• @kalabalina making sure your white balance is right from the start is important (i'm not saying that you don't already understand this) but a simple 3 way color corrector could fix this

this adjustment was made doing a print screen from vimeo, droping in photoshop, and making 1 adjustment. experiment with some color grading/correction

Untitled-1.jpg
    1277 x 1080 - 468K
  • @kalabalina So why do you think it looks horrible? From what I see you've pretty much done all you can do to make it look like shit. Shoot 60P at 125 shutter at night with a higher ISO. Probably didn't send it through and neat video type program. Used a crazy ass lens and I'm pretty sure that light you have gives of the worst green spike in the history of LEDs. And you used a setting that is designed for the sharper Pany lenses instead of one designed for 3rd party, softer lenses. Besides that, I can't imagine what's wrong with it.

• hello good people, i'm still using Apocalypse Now' - 6 GOP Nebula '444 Soft' just tried my new LED light, and i think it looks horrible, even after crushing the blacks or am i stupid for expecting more? any tips?

• @driftwood Will ever be Quantum' GH3 Matrix Low cost Intra TRIAL 3 ????

• @emweb never used intravenus I that much so can't really comment. lens: Panny 100-300mm ~275mm f/8-f/11

• @driftwood yes sir i patched my camera to moon 3 now. i will test it tmrw. thank you for suggesting

• @driftwood, MONOCHROME setting! :D