Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood Thanks for new GH3 Matrix test setting. What are the expected benefits/imaging differences and characteristics. (I'm thinking relative to Boom). Thank you. How's your film coming along?

• Primarily for documentary making this setting is very good. Its far away from Boom! Try it first and see. It needs testing. :-)

• Will do. Your work is much appreciated.

• @driftwood any news abt the top notch cinema smooth matrix??

• @driftwood So much waiting for the release of Valkyrie Cinema Smooth !

• Video coming soon - Intravenus 24H, ISO1250, Smooth -2 across the board.

Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 2.17.44 AM.png
    1916 x 1076 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 2.38.24 AM.png
    1915 x 1078 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 2.16.18 AM.png
    1916 x 1078 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 2.16.44 AM.png
    1921 x 1077 - 3M
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 2.19.46 AM.png
    1918 x 1077 - 2M
  • @shian Those pictures look superb. :-)

• @driftwood Thanks, buddy. Here's the video - details on settings are on the vimeo page.

• hm, somehow reminds me of david lynch. i really don't know WHY?

• @shian Just curious- how much NR was applied in post? That's mighty clean for ISO 1250.

• @ virgilr The shot at 1:03 has NR, nothing else does. The first 4 shots are straight out of the camera, no grading or NR of any kind.

@futur2 lol

• @shian- thanks for the info! I know you wouldn't do so with this clip, but I imagine lifting the shadows would give some pretty blocky stuff, though?

Wondering how Intravenus->5DtoRGB would work out for keying?

• @shian. Great work and excellent scene selection.

• @shian Yeah! You're fuckin on it man - very moody. Love it :-) And j'adore that distorted bass - yummy stuff. Encore.

Here's something musical I'm still editing from last year... Grading process and mixing still. Hopefully Christmas release. :-)

• now thats news, trying it out right now!

• Wow super cool. Thanks driftwood.

• Hey Shain that was a cool video. I absolutely love you Colorghears and web site. It Really is something everyone should check out. Check out this video I did in the dark so you guys can compare what a GH2 footage looks like without a hack. I did this video weeks before a hack was available, man I wish I had the hack when I filmed this.

• @AonAnderson , mate I saw this video months ago and it was one of my fav GH2 video...Infact this video convinced me to get GH2 over Canon.. and now I know it's maker.. Well done!

• Aashay thank you, im glad you like the video. If I only had the hack then.

• @AonAnderson that's awesome. Excellent work, sir!

• @shian That video looks great. Great music as well. Can't put my finger on it, but you're establishing a new kind of mood or something. Seems to me that look/feel/flow/music would make an interesting film...maybe a well thought out intelligent horror/thriller...something where the scary elements are what the characters are doing/thinking/planning (vs typical slasher). Something where perspective changes from one character to the next. Great stuff.

• @driftwood Like the video of music performance. Loved the cut/edit into the lead singers first words at ~:28 - great stuff. Lot of really nice shots in this. Thanks for posting.

• Thanks shian. Im working on a new short sci fi film and will be using ColorGhears. I have a test video of the Robot I will be using on my web site> The Test is called Out Numbered. And matt_gh2 thanks for the kind words and you may be on to something with the horror idea. I would never do a slasher film and like to keep my films PG13 so I might just do something based on your idea, thank you so much. After my sci fi short film I will be working on a feature film (Action comedy) then I will look into your idea.

• Grabbed my camera and loaded it with the new GH3 Matrix setting to take some quick test shots today. It's a bit shaky because I was just filming bits as I walked to the shop, but I'm really quite impressed with the images. I had in-camera playback and it even spanned on my 45mb/s extreme card!

Yet again, great work!

• This is test I did with the GH3 matrix setting.It was a personal test but decided to share,so please excuse the editing."My thoughts"-it's a good setting,didn't have one problem in any mode.Seems to be very sharp with a lot of detail.@driftwood would you place this setting below or a notch above AN Cluster 7 far as image quality?I know it's a "X" setting but just wanted your thoughts. thanks