Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • Why is there still no information on GH3 availability in Japan? I assume it's supposed to be out there before any other countries?

• In Sweden the Panasonic rep said that the GH3 will ship in the end of October and will be in stores in early November.

• I purchased my GH2 from panasonic direct. It took about a month to deliver during the GH2 shortages but I would email them and they would reply with another estimated date. Not much different than any of the other sites.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Could you add the Samy's link to the first post? I made sure I got my pre-order in there before posting the link. :)

http://www.samys.com/p/Panasonic/DMCGH3KBODY/DMC-GH3-Lumix-Body-Black/116314.html

• @mozes

Thanks, added to top post.

• I added options that I know.

Anyone have proper link to Pansonic direct shop for GH3?

• I've got to vote for Amazon or Adorama. I had a bad salesman with B&H who told me they didn't make the lens I was looking at on their website, I haven't been back.

I buy about a thousand dollars worth of things a month from Amazon and never a proble. Quick refunds on returns.

I buy the high dollar items from Adorama, always use the same salesman and he always cuts me a discount.

• You forgot Adorama and Samy`s.

I try to buy from Samy`s a lot because they have local shops around here and I have gone there often to try out gear - their staff is also friendly, great and personal with most of them having photographic careers outside the shop.

I have only ordered a couple things from Adorama but so far they have gone well.

Honestly, I just have not had any experience with Panasonic Direct, but almost universally positive experiences with all the rest.

Amazon once had amusing issue I would like to share, though. I ordered a variable-ND filter direct from them (or fuilfilled by them via Amazon Prime) and the expected day the package arrived - with packaging. It had the case, the brand name, etc. but no filter inside. It was bizarre. Anyway, I got on the phone with them and they refunded the thing within minutes so I could either reorder or buy something else somewhere else if I was in a hurry. No red tape, easy to handle, but an amusing issue to have in the first place. :)

• Helpful. Thank-you.

• In terms of reliability, it is in this order: B&H, Amazon, Panny Direct which is a distant third. Ordered many, many things from Panny Direct including the GH2 the very first batch.

In the GH2 case, they toatally screwed up the orders, cancelled all cutomers' orders without their knowlege let alone consent, then calling the customers one by one to re-order. it was a particularly messy process.

Unless you have the Employee Discount, ordering from B&H is far more reliable, and free of sate sales tax if shipped to states other than NY. Panny Direct on the other hand always charges state sales tax.

• @ vitaliy

Ohayo gozaimasu! (will that cover it?)

• Panasonic Direct got the first batches of GH2's. Their support is lousy though. But they did have GH2's some months before anyone else.

• Best preorder site for GH3 is.. Japanese friend :-)