Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
35mm F1.4 and F0.95 SLR Magic Cine lenses
  • 234 Replies sorted by
  • I am looking forward for the 35mm T0.95
    @slrmagic Andrew, will it be possible to order that lens directly from Hong Kong in M-mount version including SLR Magic brand adapters for both micro4/3 and E-mount? (NEX)

• @slrmagic / Andrew : I´m curious about the promotional rebate for both 25 and 35mm lenses, is there any way to get that?

• It depends :) We need more details and hands-on reviews.

• An f0.95 50mm equivalent CA-supressed lens for $649? I'd say you hit the pricing sweet spot.

• Andrew, is the upcoming 25mm lens going to be CINE, too?

• Our 23mm F1.7 will have a revised edition coming out. The new 23mm F1.7 has better IQ over the original 23mm F1.7 and would cost $399.

The 35mm T0.95 will be out in Feb 2013 and sold for $1,249 after promotional rebate during launch.

The 25mm T0.95 was planned for Dec 2012 but due to design change to suppress the CA while shooting at 0.95 there is a slight delay. The date will be pushed back to Feb 2013 and sold for $649 after promotional rebate during launch.

Kind rgds., Andrew

• The 25/0.95 is only cancelled for rangefinder. Like you, RRRR I want to use the SLR 25 and 35 instead of Voigt. Fringing and softness of voigt wide open... no thanks.

• Completely? As I understood it, they canceled their initial plan to make m-mount lenses in favor of cine-oriented-lenses.. out of which the 25mm would be one. (there were plans for a cheaper 23mm lens if memory serves which they put in the bin)

I´d be sad if they indeed had cancelled the plans for the 25mm as fringing seemed very well contained (a reason I put off buying the voigt 25mm)..

• @RRRR I thought they canceled 25mm production plan.

• Ok, the 25mm f0.95 I read somewhere, was supposed to be out december.. I´ve not seen anything about that lately.

• The 35mm 1.4 is out now. The 0.95 is due to be out in January I think.

• Personally, I´d really like to know how to get hold of the 35mm f0.95 and 25mm ditto.. I saw december as a release date somewhere but I can´t get any information, not even from Andrew/John or Slr magic themselves.. These would be very interesting for some upcoming productions but if they are not available then they are not.

• I'm really interested in the 35mm 1.4. What a great price. I'm not as concerned with tack sharpness wide open for video and like that it is supposed to have minimal breathing unlike the Rokinon 35mm. I would love to find a comparison of the Rokinon Cine 35mm t1.5 vs the SLR Magic 35mm t1.4 but haven't seen anything comparing them online. For sub $300 can you really go wrong? It would replace my Sigma 30mmm 1.4 which is a great lens but doesn't have a nice motion with a FF and gear ring on it.

• Steve Huff has the 35/1.4 and 35/0.95

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/12/29/the-new-slr-magic-hyperprime-35mm-t0-95-and-35-t1-4-arrives-for-testing/

u_u Man...the waiting for great gear, Blackmagic included, is killer.

• @Kholi the 1100$ 50mm or the 3k$ cine 50mm?

• This lens is stabilized for M4/3?

• Google F stop vs T stop.

• what does the t stand for?

• @slrmagic Thanks for chiming in.

Does 35mm 1.4 lens have a fixed length barrel?

Its spec says minimum focus distance is 30cm. What's the maximum magnification ratio on M43?

• The 50 covers as well

• So you're telling me, that your 35mm T0.95 will work on a super 35mm camera?

YEAHHHH. If you could make your whole cine line cover up to that, just in case BMD makes a 35mm version, that would truly be amazing.

• The 35mm T1.4 comes in mFT, E-mount, X mount, and EF-M mount. If you email us at support@slrmagic.com our sales team should be able to help with your order.

Only the 50mm T0.95 come in M mount with coverage a bit larger than FF and the 35mm T0.95 come in M mount with APS-H coverage. The 50mm T0.95 is designed for use with Leica M cameras and the 35mm T0.95 is only designed to work with mFT, E-mount, X mount, and EF-M mount (cannot work on M camera or Ricoh M mount).

Best rgds., John

• Maybe those .95 lenses only come in that mount.

• Hmm, well that's not right. Not sure why there's misinformation. I'm pretty sure the 34 1.4 is MFT mount too. Doesn't Andrew even say it in the video above?