Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Problem with footage
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • ya sorry i didnt update this yet.

I tried Flowmotion 2.0? newest verison anyways.

I shot in 24H for few seconds in doors and it didnt do the same thing as the cluster v6. ill test it outdoors tomorrow.

• @jclmedia OK. Please give us feedback. :-)

• @jclmedia The Mac OS MTS player I mentioned above is called Movist. In the thread below it is stated the older free version 0.6.8 is better than the new paid version 1.2. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/71433#Comment_71433

I tried 0.6.8 and found the MTS files playback better than in VLC or Roxio video player. I recall in the Roxio player there was more pixilation than in VLC too.

Link to Cnet download: http://download.cnet.com/movist/3000-13632_4-10963891.html

• oh alright thanks!

So the video files arnt even messed up i just have to wach them with this? weird why it does that

• here it is

GH2_Flowmotion 2.03

24H

EDIT:

I jus applied the cluster v6 drewnet settings again and shot in 24H and 24H EX mode. I used Movist App for mac to play them and they are good. Glad its not my gh2 and probably FCP or the players.

• Copy over your Private folder to your hard disk - don't read them straight from sdcard for a start. Its more than likely something to do with computer hardware limitations/sd reader. There should be NOTHING wrong with Cluster 24H - 12 beta testers took time ensuring this.

• Ok Thanks !

• I Had problems with 24H footage from Cluster v6. It seems the problems happen in the rewrapping from MTS to MOV. I used premiere Pro and just read the MTS files and it works fine, as soon as Clipwrap gets it,footage become corrupt with huge macroblocks etc. Also FCPX get conversion errors unwrapping the footage too. Looks like I'm sticking with Premiere Pro. I just order a new GPU Quadro FX4800, so I'll be happy.

• I'm thinking it could be related to quicktime's h264 codec.

I have a similar problem but on windows. FlowMotion 2.02 in my camera. rewrap mts to mp4 and ama link in avid. playing it in the timeline stutters, and export from avid is not good. avid is quicktime based - it uses qt h264 codec. I used mpeg streamclip to transcode mp4 to canopus hqx - in the places where it stutters in avid, I see macroblocks that look like codec error in the frame.

I transcoded the mts to prores with ffmbc to a mov container - i.e. totally avoiding quicktime. and voila: no more macroblocks, and no more stuttering in avid timeline

I blame quicktime

I saw there is x264 for quicktime for mac, as an alternative to apple's crappy h264 codec, but for windows there isnt... to bad for me, I'll stick to ffmbc