Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
25mm f/0.95 Voigtländer Nokton
  • 308 Replies sorted by
  • You can always give it a try but all I know from experience is the wd55 + 0.95 vignettes ;-)
  • .45 is wider though?

The vivitar o.43 for 72mm thread seems like it wouldn't vignette. That should get you to a 12mm ish.
  • @Kholi
    I tried a wd55 on it and it vignetted badly I would take a wild guess and say it'll probably do the same with a 45x.
  • I got an entire set of Zeiss C/Y lenses back before this all started for less than 2K.

And I knew someone that sold an entire set, ever single focal length, for 2,500. All german copies, all the fastest copies, pristine condition.

I just looked again for a 50/1.4 and LOL'd when I saw a 500 dollar price tag. That was super strange to me.

@stonebat

Has anyone ever tried a 52mm threaded 0.45x converter with the 25/0.95? I am going to try it out this coming week if possible, but it would save me the trouble if there was already video of it out there.
  • Let's stop making such prediction. Never say never ;)

I'm not saying the price will drop either. Simply I don't know. I needed one and had enough dough. So I bought one.
  • @tetakpatek

The price for the 0.95 has been going up and down like the waves. It shot through the roof in June, when there was a worldwide shortage after CV couldn't keep up with the demand. In Sept / Oct, after the third batch was released, the prices took a dip, and a few forummers here have profited from it.

I am not quite sure if the price of the 0.95 will continue to soar, but am quite sure it will not dip below the 1k mark. What has continued to soar are the prices of C/Y Zeiss lenses. In 4 months, I have seen an average C/Y lens appreciate nearly 100% worldwide. A 50/1.4 used to fetch $250 at most, now it's going for $500! crazy!!!!
  • Is Voigtlaender coming out for other MFT lenses? 12mm and 45-50mm would be nice! I prefer to keep my lenses from one brand to have better color consistency and similar handling and build quality. I am contemplating buying the 58mm/1.4 II Nokton for the Nikon system as my next lens (together with SLR Magic 12mm F/1.6). But I thought I had read somewhere that a 50mm/1.1 Nokton was also coming for MFT.
  • @sohus
    Indeed strange guys at pixmania, but had a nice deal for the pana 25mm @ 493 euro ;-)
    Will check later how it compares to the Voigtlander.
  • I own one Nokton since last summer and just love it! Beautiful pictures, but even more impressing are videos. Stopped down to 1.4 it makes sharp, crispy picture with brilliant colors and beautifull bokeh. The one needs bit of practicing by focusing it during the recording, but all what is focused- has awesome IQ. For those who don't have really shaky hands it is actually not so difficult to keep it calm, one can use its weight as kind of "mechanical OIS" :-)
    Guys, it will NEVER get cheaper, as there are enough people on the world who can pay its price. It's much more likely that it may get even more expensive quite soon, as the interest is really huge, the capacity of the factory can't even deliver all orders....
  • I bought it here:
    http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/11199798/art/voigtlander/nokton-lens-25-mm-f-0-95.html
    729 EURO

Watch out when buying, as these bastards add stupid insurances to your cart which you have to remove manually otherwise you pay 100+ EURO extra. You can't beat the price though (24 hours delivery for me).
  • @chauncy

gasp! wtf! it's like watching yr kid slip from yr arms! Dun do that again!
  • dropped my voight from 5 feet at a school assembly onto a tile floor tonight. It then skidded 20 ft along the floor, much to my horror.

Took it home examined it, filmed through it, took pictures.The floor took more damage than the lens. Built like a tank. Not a mark. No damage.

I'm just a fan, man.
  • @sohus

720 euros is very gd price. The price fluctuates. In Japan the street price is 95000Y, which works out to 937 euros! I got mine in Tokyo at slightly lower than 95, so count yr blessings!
  • Those of you using the 0.95 for commercial work, pl watch out for focusing. Was doing some interviews with it, and had to reshoot cos the subject had overstepped his spot, and the focus on him became soft. The Nok is so so sensitive.
  • I just bought it for 720 EURO. Just in time for the holidays!
  • Sorry, a bit off topic, but it's strange how the 58mm length excels. I have a 58mm 1.2 Rokkor, a 58mm 1.4 Rokkor (declicked) and a Russian Helios 58mm 1:2 and they are all better than their 50mm counterparts. Magic number?
  • FD is at least not nylon :)
  • @stonebat
    The FD 50mm is 100% cotton. The Voigtlander 58mm is pure silk.
  • Thanks @LPowell. Interesting indeed. Really tempting to sell my FD and Ais 50mm... and get the 58mm. I will look into it more.
  • Merry xmas @Mimirsan. The Nokton was 10th year anniversary gift to me. Of course my wife got better one...

Nokton 25mm is great... but how to match with other lenses? I can't buy more Noktons like 35mm 1.2 and 50mm 1.1. Currently I'm matching it with 14mm pancake and Canon FD 50mm 1.4. Hehe.
  • Meh, I'd take some Zeiss superspeeds. :^)
  • Merry xmas stonebat and you own the greatest gift of all...the nokton ;-)
  • By the way...

Merry Christmas Good People!!!
    Merry Christmas Vitaliy!!!
    Love this global community.
  • LOVE my Nokton!