Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon EOS M and M2 Mirroless topic
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • The pancake is 22mm.

22 * 1.6 = 35.

APS-C sensor + fast 35mm equivalent FOV lens... not bad at all.

15mm, 31mm, 53mm, 94mm... will complete the picture.

• @mpgxsvcd LOL. I bought a CC Turd from Canon once, fortunately I was able to return it. Curious how Canon got a "pancake" (let's call it a "biscuit") on a large sensor. Maybe new microlenses, or maybe the edges will be crappy like the Sony's.

• You can forget about 1080p60 from Canon. They can't even do that for their recent high end cameras.

• The one thing you have to remember is that Canon could crap out a credit card sized turd and still sell a ton of them as “Enthusiast Pocket Cameras”. The Canon name alone is enough to make this a best seller.

I am glad that Panasonic spends more on development than they do on marketing. However, spending a little more on marketing probably would help their bottom line.

This looks like a fine camera. Really all of the cameras in this price range take good pictures. It is just a matter of which one suits your style better. In a lot of cases “your style” means which brand are you loyal to.

• LoL. I hate Sony.

It looks ok. Hopefully it supports 1080p24, 1080p60, and full manual control (FMC).

• @stonebat

It is not about Panasonic.

All this designs (including GF3 and GF5) are inspired by NEX.

Something like: "Ouch, btw, we need to make camera for dumb guys, so controls won't scare them".

• Somewhere between GF3 and GX1 looking... since it has a hotshoe but lacks more buttons.

• From the manual controls POV It's seems something in the GF range. A GX1 has a lot of f buttons and dials. I'm curios about their sensor

• It is good that Canon is introducing mirrorless camera.