Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
LPowell Max Latitude hack for GH1, but 30p?
  • I love my GH1, I love LPowell's Max Latitude hack. I need to shoot something for a client, and it needs to cut together with other 30p footage - is there a problem with changing the frame rate in AVCHD to 30 frames? Will the chip handle that? Or should I switch to his maximum reliability hack? Either way, it has to be 30p (I'll switch back to my beloved 24p max latitude hack afterwards).

Also, do I have to switch back to the factory settings before installing a new hack, or can I just bump up the new hack to a higher version number? Thanks in advance for all your help!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • For AVCHD 720p30 on the GH1 I recommend using the Fast Action 3-Frame GOP patch::

http://www.personal-view.com./talks/discussion/223/gh1-gf1-g2-fast-action-3-frame-gop-patch-version-2

• Thanks, but is 30p 1080 possible? The A camera is shooting in that format.

• ..with the above discribed LPowell patch..

• He says that's 720, not 1080.

• Sorry, the GH1 can only do 1080p at 24fps in NTSC mode or 25fps in PAL mode.

• Ok thanks!