Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • AF100 vs Flow Motion v2:

(To appreciate the finer details, download the original video from Vimeo.)

Left side: AF100 in 1080p30 PH mode; Right side: GH2 in 1080p24 80% VMM 24H mode

AF100 Scene File was matched to the GH2, using CINE-V with NORM2, WB 5.6K

GH2 patched with Flow Motion v2, in Smooth Film Mode, WB Sunlight A-4 M-4

GH2 footage was shot in 80% Slow Motion in 24H mode, and conformed to 30p.

Footage was cropped and composited in After Effects CS5.5, rendered at 50Mbps.

• @LPowell there is something wrong with the clip, it don't play?

• @Rambo @mozes Coming soon the video ! I guess . Lee has reserved spot meanwhile for it !!!

Hi Lucy nice to see you there LOL

• While I'm waiting for Lee's feature film, I've learned my lesson. I had to send one of my GH2's back for repair. It's the one I usually have FM2 on. I didn't reload my second camera and it had Sedna AQA on it. (Which is the king of detail under controlled conditions IMO).

I was watching a police pursuit last night and when the shot came up....I got a card error (Sandisk 64-95) and missed the whole damned thing.

That's never happened with Flow Motion 2.2 or Sanity 5.

Thanks for a truly GREAT setting Lee!

Let me add....that's no an insult to Sedna. I still love it and will use it, just not under those conditions.

• Any Anamorhic settings into Flowmotion 2?

• Have been using a basic 44Mbit patch for some time thinking everything else was crazy unstable. Just read all 11 pages of this thread in one sitting and stoked to try the Flow Motion patch tomorrow. To be honest, used the GH2 unhacked on dozen of projects, even broadcast, and have been applauded, so this to me, is icing on the cake! Well done Lee and team!

Also, must say, had quite a few laughs reading some of the posts ... flow chart... LOL :)

Edit:

Just loaded Flow Motion, though had a question, if I uncheck NTSC-Pal in camera switching, all languages option, and 30 minute removal, that should not affect any of the other settings, correct?

• @LPowell. thanks for your work

Some of my first's shoots with my new GH2

• Time lapse using FlowMotion. Major thanks to @LPowell

• @TheRuggedAdventurer That was stunning! What lens were you using?

• Thanks! Rokinon 35mm 1.4. Pretty sharp but mines breathe noticeably

• @TheRuggedAdventurer Amazing!! Any tips for settings used to make the timelapse?

• I've got Flow Motion installed but I can't get into the "Rec Mode" to change it 720P. What setting is preventing access to this menu?

Randy

• Oops, had my HDMI cable still plugged in. All solved.

Randy

• @soulkeeper Thanks! I shot RAW. Smooth -2, -2, -2, -2. White balance with 18% gray card. ISO 160. I didn't drag my shutter correctly, because I had no idea what I was doing at the time haha. Also ND filter helps

• Sorry in advance for my newbiest. I'm looking for a 1080/25p patch and I tested a few of it in HBR mode like LPowell Flowmotion 1.1 or Quantum. When I insert one clip recorded in HBR in the StreamParser, the stream mode say that it is 1080/50i, and this is usual as can I view in the users screenprints of another patchs.

Adobe Premiere (for example) don't recognize the progressive mode, an says that is interlaced. Anyone can help me? Thks

• You'll need to "lie" to the NLE. HBR is progressive footage (i.e. from every 25th of a second) but encoded as interlace.

• Thanks @nomad. Then, all of clips recorded with HBR are real progressive.

Sorry for that stupid question, It's a bit confusing for us, the begginers, to understand the equivalences of hacked modes and the original modes, I'm keep learning.

• What is the different of HBR and 1080i mode on GH2? Aren't their the same? Media info showed both setting as 1920x1080, 29.97

• No, HBR is progressive content encoded as interlaced, 1080i is real interlace.

• Having fun grading some flow motion V2.02 footage. Trying to go for an organic film-like look here.

• OK, I finally tested with FlowMotion v2 and I didn't get any of the PPro timeline responsiveness issues I had back in February :)

• @L1N3ARX You are good! Very filmic.

• Another fun test with a different grading style. Loving Flow Motion right now, so easy to grade and edit, and scrubbing in my time-line is now a breeze without the ultra high bit-rate.

• At first, FlowMotion V2.02 choked after 10 seconds or so in 24H on my Sandisk 45mb/s 16 GB cards, shooting my death scene, surf breaking on rocks. Per LPowell's documentation, 24L worked fine. After formatting with SDFormatter, 24H presents no problem. Even EX TELE works. When running SDFormatter, I chose the Overwrite option, which took about 20 minutes to complete. In the past, I have always formatted in camera to clear the card. From now on, I intend to leave the card's format intact and use the trash button to delete everything, that is, when I don't have access to SDFormatter.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions