Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Filming the Solar Eclipse on a GH2?
  • I'd like to film the annular solar eclipse tonight -- it's passing right over where I live, so this is a once-in-several-decades opportunity. Currently, my plan is to use my Pentax Super-Takumar 55mm stopped down to f/11 with my LCW Fader ND, which I'll have at maximum strength before pointing up at the sun, and then adjust accordingly. Is this safe? Will I risk melting my aperture blades, or worse, my GH2 sensor? Is there anything else I should know before starting? Thanks!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I shot the solar eclipse, got there late but here is the last couple minutes of it sped up to 1 min.

GH2, Tokina 300mm

• I messed around with it too, wanted to try the anamorphic route. couple of shots from a moving car as well

• I shot some, I dare to say "TWILIGHT" looking stuff I'll post a little later. Hopefully it turns out pretty good!

• Here's my footage:

• Finally got it loaded.