Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Greece: Better and better
  • Data from Greece's statistics service on Thursday showed unemployment hit 21.7 percent in February from a revised 21.3 percent in January. In the 15-24 age group it rose to 54 percent, explaining the big youth vote for anti-bailout parties, led by the radical Left Coalition.

The data showed nearly 1.1 million people were jobless, 42 percent more than in the same month a year ago, reflecting the damage as the country's 215 billion euro economy continues to contract for a fifth consecutive year.

Via: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/us-greece-unemployment-idUSBRE8490IO20120510

• 34 Replies sorted by
  • The level of funds in Greece’s state coffers has fallen below 1.5 billion euros ($1.9 billion), Imerisia reported, citing “reliable information.”

If the state doesn’t receive predicted revenue for the rest of this month, it will find it difficult to pay for social services, pensions and public-sector wages, the newspaper said.

Via: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-14/greek-state-funds-fall-below-1-5-billion-euros-imerisia-says.html

• @Vitaliy Getting truthful and accurate information from the world's best Universities balanced in combination with first hand experience as a world traveler is a reasonable way to form a model. Where better can a person go to form an opinion? Wikipedia? Drudge Report? I am not brainwashed or a sucker, but at the same time, any piece of information, from MIT or Personal View for that matter, always requires skepticism. You listen and stare long enough and you believe you see a pattern or narrative. No one can know if it's illusionary or truth.

• @allenswrench

I give you last warning for multiple consecutive posts.

As I said, I got your ideas, and I think that all of them are very dangerous and very typical for current information age people who never personally saw death and hunger. I do not share any of them.

• On the contrary, corporations should be kept in check,

And they will be checked by ... themselfs :-)

If the elected government can not enforce the rules, I would really like the direct rule of people. The technology is here, but there is no will. I guess we'll have to go through some more totalitarianism before we can have it good again. Funny how people thought a skynet and terminators would menace them.. Homo lupus homini est!

There is no reason why any question could not be put to referendum - we need 5 minutes a day! Off course, people are stupid and influenced by marketing, but I'd rather have that than an unelected dictatorship or someone who only has to lie every 4 years! There is no left and right anymore... Greece a point in question. ABOLISH GOVERNMENT, we do not need to be represented anymore, I'll vote for myself thank you!

• @allenswrench

I do not care, because we are not talking here about this.

• @Vitaly sorry, but this is actually all true, except we "missed eachother" by 2 years

• On the contrary, corporations should be kept in check,

And they will be checked by ... themselfs :-)

• @allenswrench

Last warning. Keep your level.
    We are not chit chat site.

• On the contrary, corporations should be kept in check, citizens on the other hand free to pass

• @allenswrench

So, fuck both my country and yours, borders only apply to citizens already, not corporations.

OK, got it. Corporations are the good future, global slavery is also good, fuck the social guarantees. I really suggest you to talk to real people. And understand something about real economy.

• yet conveniently forgetting they had a famine that killed tens of thousands, then I am almost tempted to leave this space blank... Much comment needed?

I suggest to spend good time to read about North Korea, causes of their problems, their science programs and their manufacturing. I'll be always keeping discussion level on this site. And never allow to talk on such low level common to mass media.

• @Vitaly sorry, I think national hearding has no future. There will be a lot more hardship and gulags, yes, but in the long run, it is a primitive form of organization that is illogical. Good for you we only live a short life. So, fuck both my country and yours, borders only apply to citizens already, not corporations.

• @allenswrench

I remind you of edit option, it is pointless to post two times :-)

Got your ideas, and I am sad to say, but this is exactly some of ideas that made all current situation. I do not agree to any of them.

• @brianluce if you admire north korean "institutions" for being able to "survive", yet conveniently forgetting they had a famine that killed tens of thousands, then I am almost tempted to leave this space blank... Much comment needed?

• Yet, borders, nationalities, racial profiling have all been proven inefficient!

I also hate words twisting, adding your own words, getting bunch of things together and making absolute propositions.

I see nothing wrong with pragmatic national goverments with full soverinity. As they existed for thousands of years. And your "free market" is really young, defective child who even must survive next few years.

This post confirms and proves Super String Theory because clearly you and I are from different Universes

LOL. We are not. Just your model of the world is made on the data that had been available to you, and mostly based on democratic(r) mass media brainwashing. And our models are wastly different.

• It is very popular to look at unwashed masses as extra load, but it is the fault of church and their avoidance of family planning and contraception. Freaking nationalize them and their properties (nobody wants to be a priest anymore anyway unless a pedo) and it would be a start.

• Abolish institutions? I would if proven inefficient. Why keep flagging the dead horse? We have many more atavistic problems like religion, nationalities etc... Abolish all this shit and see what the populace is really capable of.. not much after church and tv, but hey

• Nope. Just look into history, plus geographic and climate differencies. North Korean institutions are highly effective, as they can survive in very hard situation. //////////////

It's the same Peninsula! The same culture!

This post confirms and proves Super String Theory because clearly you and I are from different Universes.

• Sorry but I don't want to be a sheep, no matter how great my heard is!#

• I know you hate "easy" solutions. Yet, borders, nationalities, racial profiling have all been proven inefficient! Are you ready to do that, or is the national pride and tribal sense of belonging too stong? Let's climb this last ladder of free market, so we can bury it for good! I thought so...

• So, abolish institutions?

Where did you get this?

• @allenswrench

No borders, no working permits, no nationalities, then maybe we can START getting somewhere!

Generally we are already got to current situation because of this ideas. :-)

I am strong supported of exactly opposite view. Strong borders, pragmatic national goverments with full soverinity, no global currencies.

• So, abolish institutions?

• MIT and Harvard are doing research on this very subject and THEY don't think it's funny

I think we are going next round here. You think that institutions are the problems, i think that this "researches" are more serious problem.
    As every "researcher" who supports idea of forcing some (may be ideal, as they think) insitutions on other nations must be punished.

North and South Korea. What's different about them fundamentally? Institutions

Nope. Just look into history, plus geographic and climate differencies.
    North Korean institutions are highly effective, as they can survive in very hard situation.
    If you state will be blocked, including food suppliers for years, with bunch of troops and ships nearby and constant attempts to organize invasion, I have big doubts that you'll live better. I am really sure that you'll live much worse than North Koreans.

• Angela Merkel needs to travel more as well. On the current level, it is a matter of solidarity, and all the politicians only pander to their own electorate. So, NO, Euro will not be saved by half assed austerity morons! Greece voted the way it did because it was BETRAYED by the EU! So let them swim or sink, who the fuck needs an union like that! Also to all the souvereignity fans, I only have one thing to say, quoting Mr. Paddy Ashdown; "eat your nationalism"! No borders, no working permits, no nationalities, then maybe we can START getting somewhere!