Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Adobe CS6 trial versions are available for download
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • Every time there’s a new version of Adobe’s creative suite, designers and artists all around the world shudder with the thought of more upgrade expenses. Personally, I’ve always put a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons of new software with the ones I’m accustomed to before investing. This year, when the new Photoshop CS6 released, this video - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-design/russell-brown-six-favorite-features-from-photoshop-cs6-in-six-minutes/?sdid=JUMMY is all it took to convince me to buy the full version, no matter how expensive, because frankly, every feature highlighted is something I had hoped for in future upgrades.

• Please, with all CS6 discussions go to approapriate topic.

This one is only about trial versions, and trial installing issues.

• No, I waited a long time.

And type is "Video", not "Movie"

• For people like me with a new iMac and ATI graphics card that is not supported for mercury playback:

Mercury Playback GPU hack http://scruffythinking.com/notes/2012/5/8/mercury-playback-and-the-27-imac.html\

Works for me... 2GB of GPU power unleashed. Not sure why Adobe disabled this. Did HP ask them to (as they have a partnership)?

• They are probably conforming. Give them a few minutes until there is no progress bar in the lower right. It works fine for me.

• Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 not recognize audio in .MTS files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

premiere.png
    748 x 1135 - 266K
  • Just an update for the MTS issue in Prelude. Prelude does not appear to currently work with standalone MTS/M2TS files, but will work properly with MTS files if the AVCHD file structure around them is maintained (as created by the camera). Unfortunately, this is not compatible my post-production workflow. Hopefully, they will allow markers to be added to standalone MTS files in a future update.

• Anyone who's installed the official download on a Mac, could you do me a favor and check what the precise version number is in After Effects? I'm curious to see if the earlier version was a different build or not. For the record what I've got running currently is v11.0.0.378.

• I updated links, as they are now official

• not for me!

• Are the download links working for anyone still?

• @philldaagony If I open any .MTS file in Prelude, all marker options are greyed out. .MOV, .MP4 etc. all work fine. The whole idea of me using this app was to load my .MTS files, meta tag them and export the subclips and comments to ProRes or something for further editing. Now this doesn't work, I am not interested at all anymore in this app. An app like Prelude should work of your camera card media, not after a long an boring transcode.

• @Philldaagony, they worked for me as far as importing, but I found the system really took a serious performance hit actually using them. Maybe I'm just used to the non-native workflow. They showed up as "MPEG" in my bin...

It would be interesting to see another @shian native vs. transcoded quality comparison for CS6 to see if Adobe has improved the quality of MTS files any.

• Its lagging like crazy on my PC

• Isn't Premiere CS6 a 64 bit application? Why does it say Win32?

• @Oedipax .MTS files are working fine in AE CS 6 for me....

• I was hoping Prelude would be the missing link for ingest and allow me to move away from Sony Vegas Pro (which is great but kind of dead in its tracks). Unfortunately, the issues @sohus mentioned, specifically the fact that you can't add markers to AVCHD files, makes this release almost a nonstarter at this point.

I know I need to do a real project on Premier (rather than just clicking around) to see how good of an editor it really is, but so far, I'm really hoping that this is not the "gold master" build going out on release day (5/7/2012).

• @Oedipax Yeah thanks man!! I just needed to restart my computer!!

• In the past you've just been able to plug in a serial. Some of the apps like Premiere download additional codec support once you're registered.

• If I download the trial versions now, will I have to download the the release versions again on May 7th or can I just plug in a serial number?

• Dynamic link is a real mixed blessing for me anyway - it pretty much forces you to keep AE open when you're working in a Premiere project that dynamically links or you get all kinds of media offline errors and reconnect glitches.

When I have time I still try to use Premiere because I do think it's the direction things are headed, but when I just absolutely need to get something done and I don't want to feel like I'm fighting the interface, FCP7 is still tops for me. There is just something unfriendly about Premiere.

• @DeShonDixon, I was able to download Production Premium but only after I logged in with my Adobe ID in the downloader app. Then the direct link here worked fine.

• I am underwhelmed. Usability of Adobe software is still crap. Unreadable buttons, small text, Prelude doesn't support markers on .MTS files, Prelude interface is crappy, Premiere Pro is improved but still not as good as FCP was. Of course there are also some very strong points (dynamic link, mercury playback, suite) but I had expected this release to be so much better. The keyboard editor is also still very crappy.

I have been working in FCPX for the last months and Premiere Pro made me realize I am very happy with it. So much faster for editing. The only weak point is finishing and I hope Apple will fix that in the future.

So CS6 is a nice update but no big improvement over CS5.5 if you ask me. They just try to be more like FCP7.

• Is anybody able to download Production Premiere cause it seems to not be working for me?