Personal View site logo
Adobe CS6 trial versions are available for download
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • Great, thanks for the links!

Question, though.. if we have CS5 installed, and install the CS6 trial, then decide to NOT purchase it, will we have to reinstall CS5? Or will both be installed as two separate packages?

Edit: just noticed its only 32 bit for Premiere and Prod Prem.

• Downloading this right now!!!!

• Nice post, saw it here before at CGPersia.

• I had both CS5 Photoshop and CS6 installed windows 7. This is going to be a GREAT package. Photoshop, Premiere, After Effect, SpeedGrade, Illustrator, Indesign.

• Downloading. Wonder if this was deliberate.

• @sohus Yeah I just realized that the links aren't working for me either

• I get this error while installing:

Exit Code: 15 -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: ASU has quit unexpectedly.

ERROR: Media DB Error : 18

System Requirements

Update:

Deleting all Cs5.5. and reboot solved my issues.

• @sohus

May be file is not completely downloaded.

• PPro performance is dramatically better, especially mercury playback and scrubbing. I needed to manually add my card to cuda_supported_cards.txt in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

• I read that PPro 6 has eased-up on the CUDA monopoly and has finally let AMD GPUs into the utilization/acceleration game.

• @disastronaut yes. but, i saw a demo of it last night running on a macbook pro and it was a bit crashy. also not as fluid as cuda - at this point. hopefully it will get better.

just downloaded the suite. thx for the link, Vitaliy!

• A cuda enabled card is not too expensive to give you substantial performance.

• Encore CS6 will not run in trial mode.

• The After Effects CS6 demo is lacking codec support for MTS files, I think. But with prores it seems faster than CS5.5 for me.

• Is anybody able to download Production Premiere cause it seems to not be working for me?

• I am underwhelmed. Usability of Adobe software is still crap. Unreadable buttons, small text, Prelude doesn't support markers on .MTS files, Prelude interface is crappy, Premiere Pro is improved but still not as good as FCP was. Of course there are also some very strong points (dynamic link, mercury playback, suite) but I had expected this release to be so much better. The keyboard editor is also still very crappy.

I have been working in FCPX for the last months and Premiere Pro made me realize I am very happy with it. So much faster for editing. The only weak point is finishing and I hope Apple will fix that in the future.

So CS6 is a nice update but no big improvement over CS5.5 if you ask me. They just try to be more like FCP7.

• @DeShonDixon, I was able to download Production Premium but only after I logged in with my Adobe ID in the downloader app. Then the direct link here worked fine.

• Dynamic link is a real mixed blessing for me anyway - it pretty much forces you to keep AE open when you're working in a Premiere project that dynamically links or you get all kinds of media offline errors and reconnect glitches.

When I have time I still try to use Premiere because I do think it's the direction things are headed, but when I just absolutely need to get something done and I don't want to feel like I'm fighting the interface, FCP7 is still tops for me. There is just something unfriendly about Premiere.

• If I download the trial versions now, will I have to download the the release versions again on May 7th or can I just plug in a serial number?

• In the past you've just been able to plug in a serial. Some of the apps like Premiere download additional codec support once you're registered.

• @Oedipax Yeah thanks man!! I just needed to restart my computer!!

• I was hoping Prelude would be the missing link for ingest and allow me to move away from Sony Vegas Pro (which is great but kind of dead in its tracks). Unfortunately, the issues @sohus mentioned, specifically the fact that you can't add markers to AVCHD files, makes this release almost a nonstarter at this point.

I know I need to do a real project on Premier (rather than just clicking around) to see how good of an editor it really is, but so far, I'm really hoping that this is not the "gold master" build going out on release day (5/7/2012).

• @Oedipax .MTS files are working fine in AE CS 6 for me....

• Isn't Premiere CS6 a 64 bit application? Why does it say Win32?

• Its lagging like crazy on my PC