Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Export to DVD settings?
  • Hello people.. Would like to know what you would consider the best GH2 video settings for fast production flow if the final output would be to to DVD. thanks!

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Oh i'm in pal land btw!

• Do you need DVD format or files will just reside on DVD?
    As most DVD players are now able to play individual files in MPEG4 even.

• I am asking about the actual DVD format yes .. would it be better if i recorded in 1080i you reckon? thx

• Shoot HD, encode H264, burn to DVD. That's all I could say. Hope some one would chill in .

• No, he wants MPEG2 with actual DVD features. So he need to shoot at any rate he like, but 24p, I think.

• Best way to export any project with best quality is: 1) Export in mpeg2 all-i 100 Mb/s preset attached (attached) 2) Use AviSynth and plugin fo him to do HD to SD script (attached) 3) Use VirtualDub to create lossles *.avi (Lagarith lossless codec) (attached) 4) Use adobe media encoder to convert avi to mpg with parameters on picture (attached) Original sorce is http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/07/hd-to-sd-dvd-best-methods/

ame_hd_mpeg2i_cs4.zip
    hd2sd_sd2hd.zip
    3M
    LagarithSetup_1327.zip
    VirtualDub-1.9.11-AMD64.zip
    2M
    export.jpg
    1200 x 1024 - 290K
  • thx alot.. this helps

• Hi guys, I am in the same boat too. But I'm using an iMac and wanna transfer a finish production to DVD/Blu Ray. Highest quaility of course, any suggestions?