Personal View site logo
Export to DVD settings?
  • Hello people.. Would like to know what you would consider the best GH2 video settings for fast production flow if the final output would be to to DVD. thanks!

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Oh i'm in pal land btw!

• Do you need DVD format or files will just reside on DVD?
    As most DVD players are now able to play individual files in MPEG4 even.

• I am asking about the actual DVD format yes .. would it be better if i recorded in 1080i you reckon? thx

• Shoot HD, encode H264, burn to DVD. That's all I could say. Hope some one would chill in .

• No, he wants MPEG2 with actual DVD features. So he need to shoot at any rate he like, but 24p, I think.

• Best way to export any project with best quality is: 1) Export in mpeg2 all-i 100 Mb/s preset attached (attached) 2) Use AviSynth and plugin fo him to do HD to SD script (attached) 3) Use VirtualDub to create lossles *.avi (Lagarith lossless codec) (attached) 4) Use adobe media encoder to convert avi to mpg with parameters on picture (attached) Original sorce is http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/07/hd-to-sd-dvd-best-methods/

ame_hd_mpeg2i_cs4.zip
    hd2sd_sd2hd.zip
    3M
    LagarithSetup_1327.zip
    VirtualDub-1.9.11-AMD64.zip
    2M
    export.jpg
    1200 x 1024 - 290K
  • thx alot.. this helps

• Hi guys, I am in the same boat too. But I'm using an iMac and wanna transfer a finish production to DVD/Blu Ray. Highest quaility of course, any suggestions?