Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @Tobsen Although there are already 2 completed versions, since I was inspired by the feedback from you, I am working on some still higher versions. Improving stability rather than old candidates, I am striving to raise image quality. Please wait for a while. ;-)

• @bkmcwd Morning (accroding to my time zone)! How is the newest development going?

• @peternap Thanks for testing in being busy! Looks nice. :-) Some artifacts may appear in 720p of C5. Please check. Please try C4.1, supposing artifacts appears in 720p of C5. I think that it probably does not appear in C4.1.

• I just tried #5 in 24p again and it looks mighty good so far. The color red is always something I look for. I still haven't tried it in 720 or at night. Sorry, I've been real busy.

val1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @vittowar Yes, TYPE-ZERO1 is from pure concept by Chris in 24p. Although artifacts may appear depending on conditions, it is one of the best at least. :-)

• @bkmcwd thanks for your reply. Then I can tell in my opinion Type Zero I - 24p is the best one. My card is Sandisk 32 Gb 95 mb/s

• @vittowar Thanks for nice footage! Good slomo. :-)

"Candidate 5 just one time froze"

Which card did you use? In 24p?

"24p is different between type-zero 1 and type-zero2 (any cadidate)? or both are the same?"

Do you understand by this explanation? http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/85472#Comment_85472

• I can release two candidates of TYPE-ZERO within one day. My BETA team in Japan did good work. :-)

@Mirrorkisser

Thanks for your report! :-)

If artifacts is worrisome also in C5, you may be pleased with the candidates which I release next. Or please try C4.1. C4.1 is softer than C5.

Although I would like to be killed by your girl friend, I have to make many good settings before that.

@Tobsen A lot of many thanks! :-) I will see thoroughly later.

• @vittowar that are some very nice slomos....

• @bkmcwd first one is ready for download ;)

• One question , 24p is different between type-zero 1 and type-zero2 (any cadidate)? or both are the same?

• Candidate 5 just one time froze, I love 24p one of the best i have ever seen.

• @bkmcwd Dropbox says it will take around 4 hours till the 3 files are uploaded. I sent you the link. Hope it helps :)

• @bkmcwd: i noticed another thing with candidate 5. Do you remember the file you uploaded of the house roofs in the evening, where there were some artifacts on the electricity lines/cables?

I just had the same experience when i filmed my girlfriend in a midshot and about 25cms behind her was the charging cable of my mobile phone. Around the black cable were the same kind of strange artifacts. I would show you the file, but then my girlfriend would kill me :-) Was at iso 320, f4, smooth -2,-2,-1,-2, canon fd 35mm.

• @Tobsen Many thanks! :-)

"What would be the best way to share some mts files with you?"

Dropbox or something like download URL or Vimeo or... Up to you.

• @bkmcwd SO far, I only looked at it briefly after the last shoot. It all looked good to me. No clearly visible artifacts bitrates mostly more than 60mbits (according to mediainfo) and overall pleasant skintones and noise pattern. My colleaque is doing the editing end of next week and than we can look more closely. What would be the best way to share some mts files with you?

• @Tobsen I appreciate your kind proposal. :-)

I am very interested in the original MTS files. However, it is your PERSONAL VIEW that I would like to hear it most. Of course, it is very important that there was a problem in what kind of situation and whether there was nothing. I would like to hear it also about whether where was good and whether where was bad. That is, I welcome all kinds of feedback. It does not trouble me too much information.

• @bkmcwd regarding feedback. Do you want something like Streamparser snapshots or mts files? I don't have streamparser, but access to some original mts files I put on my macbook to check right after the shoots last week.

• @Mirrorkisser Yes, I understand your feeling well. However, conversely, I am still the position of wanting feedback . Especially about this setting, giving top priority to the concept by Chris, it has designed so that bandwidth can be used as much as possible safely. Although candidates are different also in 24p, I am not sure correctly whether it is how much different, either. I do not necessarily have so much time. Therefore, I want the feedback which compared the candidate by all means. :-)

• @bkmcwd: i am interested in the most "filmic" or cinematic look and i use canon fd glass most of the time.

• @Mirrorkisser

I am not sure which for whether it is the best. It is because those to which priority should be given or which lens is used differ by each person.

In 24p, C1 and C2 are the same as TYPE-ZERO1. These are the settings made so that advice of Chris might be realized as much as possible.

C3 is not good. *Now impoving.

C4.1 is softer than TYPE-ZERO1, and C1 and C2.

C5 is between TYPE-ZERO 1 andC4.1.

If neither HBR nor 720p is related, I will use TYPE-ZERO1. This is my liking to the last. Again, since HBR and 720p of TYPE-ZERO1 were not good as it was, I made some candidates.

• @bkmcwd: thanks for your Feedback. So you say i should use candidate 1 or candidate 5 for best 24p experience? Or is candidate 1 the best for 24p? I only use 24p, the other modes are more than secondary to me.

• Since the NTSC section was completed mostly, I am working on the PAL section now. :-)

• @Lambo Thanks for sample footage! Image quality looks good. :-)

@Mirrorkisser Thanks for your feedback and kind explanation in AN thread. :-)

In 24p, if 95MB/s SDXC is used, I think that span is probably possible.

Although I am now working on improving TYPE-ZERO2 Candidates, only in 24p, C1 or C5 may be the better than new one. That is because the image quality of 24p may deteriorate slightly if the Deblocking effect is optimized to 720p. Please compare after the release. I regard the following version as releasable tomorrow.

• Nice hand shot, what am I looking at? or why?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters