Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GINI cage for GH1, GH2
  • 95 Replies sorted by
  • @feha it arrived at my other house. Have to go pick it up, but i think they only shipped the bottom plate. Will probably have it by sat.

• @redbaron , @jshzr , did you got your cage ? a replacement ?

• I got my GH2 Cage, here is a short review:

• @redbaron were you able to tie the top of the cage to the hotshoe?

• does the gini rig have a clamp ? please reply with @ ;)

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/Promotion-Sale-Cage-for-GH2-/261008630007 looks like GH2 cage is ready. 7 in stock, much better pictures and free shipping? What happened to gini? Price could be lower though .

• I'm considering ordering this cage on Ebay but the "customs tax" scares me. What have your guys paid for customs to the US?

• They told me, they will ship out by the end of the week.

• I'm still waiting for mine, Gini said this week will post ... a GH2 cage ...

• Any more updates?

• yup standard 1/4"

@redbaron where did you find the male male 1/4" adapter screw? Do you have a link? THANKS

• Are the cage holes standard 1/4" ?

• @redbaron, great fix :-)

• @redbaron, nice. I was thinking of something similar to that. I was going to get a really long 1/4" screw and screw all the way up from my tripod plate through the bottom of the Cage to the gh2 inside the cage :)

• @jshzr I found a temporary fix until GINI gets the entire bottom plate redesigned for the GH2. I removed the rectangular screwplate and thumbscrew and replaced it with a male to male 1/4" adapter screw in the second screw hole behind the center. It fits perfectly now. With the side clamp it is pretty secure.

gh2-cage-fix-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 179K
    gh2-cage-fix-02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 200K
    gh2-cage-fix-03.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 209K
    gh2-cage-fix-04.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 220K
    gh2-cage-fix-05.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 217K
    gh2-cage-fix-06.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
  • @ feha, I have the GH2 on the pictures. The seller e-mailed me back and said they are working on making a new base plate for the GH2 and he will ship that whenever they get it done. 3-4 weeks is his estimated time.

• I've sent him @jshzr 's photos and a link to this thread. He said he is working on the issue.

• Looks like Gini renamed cages to GH1.

• @jshzr , on your pictures is it GH2 or GH1 ?

• I haven't got mine yet shipped , will contact him before he ships ... So i can't answer ...

I have sent to him/them the link for this thread in order to read about problems. They must fix this problem else the cage is worthless for GH2 :-(

• Another issues is that those 6 screws on the plate scratch the bottom of the camera.

• @redbaron Did you get it from ebay seller gini778?

• Same thing here. I sent a note to GINI to see if he could send a replacement mounting plate with the hole moved back. We shall see...