Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GINI cage for GH1, GH2
  • 95 Replies sorted by
  • @jshzr , on your pictures is it GH2 or GH1 ?

• Looks like Gini renamed cages to GH1.

• I've sent him @jshzr 's photos and a link to this thread. He said he is working on the issue.

• @ feha, I have the GH2 on the pictures. The seller e-mailed me back and said they are working on making a new base plate for the GH2 and he will ship that whenever they get it done. 3-4 weeks is his estimated time.

• @jshzr I found a temporary fix until GINI gets the entire bottom plate redesigned for the GH2. I removed the rectangular screwplate and thumbscrew and replaced it with a male to male 1/4" adapter screw in the second screw hole behind the center. It fits perfectly now. With the side clamp it is pretty secure.

gh2-cage-fix-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 179K
    gh2-cage-fix-02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 200K
    gh2-cage-fix-03.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 209K
    gh2-cage-fix-04.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 220K
    gh2-cage-fix-05.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 217K
    gh2-cage-fix-06.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
  • @redbaron, nice. I was thinking of something similar to that. I was going to get a really long 1/4" screw and screw all the way up from my tripod plate through the bottom of the Cage to the gh2 inside the cage :)

• @redbaron, great fix :-)

• Are the cage holes standard 1/4" ?

• yup standard 1/4"

@redbaron where did you find the male male 1/4" adapter screw? Do you have a link? THANKS

• Any more updates?

• I'm still waiting for mine, Gini said this week will post ... a GH2 cage ...

• They told me, they will ship out by the end of the week.

• I'm considering ordering this cage on Ebay but the "customs tax" scares me. What have your guys paid for customs to the US?

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/Promotion-Sale-Cage-for-GH2-/261008630007 looks like GH2 cage is ready. 7 in stock, much better pictures and free shipping? What happened to gini? Price could be lower though .

• does the gini rig have a clamp ? please reply with @ ;)

• @redbaron were you able to tie the top of the cage to the hotshoe?

• I got my GH2 Cage, here is a short review:

• @redbaron , @jshzr , did you got your cage ? a replacement ?

• @feha it arrived at my other house. Have to go pick it up, but i think they only shipped the bottom plate. Will probably have it by sat.

• @feha looks like they changed the right hand grip portion of the cage for easier access to the knobs. Thanks for the vid review

• @jshzr , they did rework on the cage, hope you get the right one ... Here is part 2, talking about mounting options ...

• I won on auction a new GH2 cage that works as a rig configuration. Waiting for it, will make a new video review about this one too.

gh2_rig.JPG
    463 x 463 - 26K
    gh2_rig_2.JPG
    500 x 393 - 22K
  • I hesitated to place an auction on this one too but I chose the "regular" version (no cage,with a baseplate and I Focus), looking forward to your review.

• @jshzr

Did you got the cage ? Your impressions ?