Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Quad and Hexa copters
  • 423 Replies sorted by
  • Yikes:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Toy-Helicopter-Head-Teen-Brooklyn-Gravesend-222576101.html

"A 19-year-old man playing with a remote control helicopter in Brooklyn lost control of it, sliced off the top of his own head and died Thursday afternoon, law enforcement officials said."

• @Oedipax

Thousands of people smack their heads in their new cars each year. Hundreds even cut testicles accidently :-)

• Hi! Some my DIY! I just love to fly Multiwii copters. This just worked soo nicely straight with default PID´s Coaxial comes much more stable also down, which is usually problem to get stable descending footage. I´ll have brushless hero3 gimbal ready for under this. I´ll put videos videos with Hero3 soon :)!

Keep thump´s UP. Have to still fly aggessivily few batteries wih out gimbal on bigger place, to make sure all parts are OK and don´t fail :)!

• @MikeLinn - That video you posted featuring the GSS C520 is awesome in every way. However it has nothing to do with this topic. That's a full size 5 axis gyro system built to handle big cams and be mounted on the nose of an actual heli. Nice one though! The quality of the footage and some the locations and shot angles were a dead giveaway that this couldn't be UAV stuff.

• Any thoughts about Walkera QR X350 ? I mean as Phantom alternative.

• Here are a few selects from our hexacopter with a GH3 on a custom brushless gimbal filming wolves in Montana.

• @vitaliy_kiselev - Walkera doesn't seem very stable from the Demo video and what I've read when compared to a Phantom. Supposedly cheaper / newer phantom II is announcement coming this month. As far as a cheaper, good alternative RTF (ready to fly) I think the Blade 350 QX seems like a real alternative with more flight modes.

Another RTF alternative would be the 3DRobotics IRIS. open source flight controller, all kinds of features. You can build your own very inexpensively.

http://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s86sfLCckVY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ds86sfLCckVY

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev - Hi! I also noticed new Walkera straight away, cause I am not DJI fan.... On that test video motors warming etc, not sound good. 150 euro cheaper is soon more expencive... Walkera has so closed solutions bout own transmitters and recievers also. Cheap price is interesting though. I wish have time&money to buy more stuff for testing, but just best way is to follow rule: Dont run after the latest.

Self building is also sooo frustrading but easiest way to get good price/quality, when need to work with aerial filming. Ok heh main point. Find some custom builder and buy from there tested RTF would be best solution I would choose. I haven´t seen good RTF with out some mod´s even Droidworx and Photohigher just marketing.

Main thing is upgrading possibilities and SPARE PARTS! :)

Here is just Our latest one evening raw edit, there is questions. Should put workflow topic prob for aerial filmers with GH2.... GH2 propaply most used "hi end" no RED budget cam for aerial filming. is amazing thanks to YOU Vitaliy! :)

And other thing is MegapirateNG, which is basicly new Arducopter software putted to multiwii boards.

This is also meaby bit pricy, but HEY they do marketing and customer service! Like the brand and videos (They is also finally not too geeky tutorials to set up softwares). And they Use new Arducopter brains. Arducopter software had teken huge steps lately so I on that now....propably :)?

Here on sample from this that company:

Sorry long message. I continue building my brushless hero3 X8 :) and big X8 to GH2

You can comment my video. That my video published only here.

• Hi,

I want to use Pana-Lumix cameras with hexacopter. But not supporting many models live-view by hdmi or analog socket. I wonder which Lumix models support life view by hdmi output or analog?

• Aerial footage Octocopter from our latest feature film missions

• @warmupper - best footage I've ever seen.

What camera/lens/gimbal/multi/controller (if you don't mind sharing)?

• This seems to be a website popular with DIY brushless gimbal setups. http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=223&gtype=hot

Has anyone looked into turning one of these Brushless gimbals into a handheld setup like Movi or Defy?