Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @davidhjlindberg Wow loving your work! and the Samyang 35mm 1.4, very Sharp. about to Buy this lens but can you give me some info on yours is this the canon version? and what adapter was use? Thanks

• @Tifose Thanks! Yes it's super sharp! I bought the Nikon version and bought a Nikon adapter. Works like a charm!

• @davidhjlindberg could u tell me what adapter ? i used 2 so far and bith were a bit loosy =)

• @klem007 unfortunately I don't know the name of it though I bought it from a friend... Yes, if you buy one, I guess they should be kind of expensive so that it's good quality :)

• *** NEW *** Driftwood Cluster v1 - 12 GOP / 15 GOP ALL Round. After so many requests from non GOP1'ers to provide the Orion Matrix (full scaled implementation) in a Long GOP configuration I settled on this one to hopefully satisfy their needs. I like 12 GOP / 15 GOP for Long GOP - as far as editing goes and converters out there, the Ibbpbbpbbpbb (12 GOP PAL) and ibbpbbpbbpbbpbb (15 GOP NTSC) is the most universally supported GOP structure outside of Intra. A nice cluster of i/p and b frames and appropriately titled methinks. Hopefully, this will keep long duration seekers erect for years, type 6 card users wetting their pants, and HBR conservatives dickie-bow happy (though I doubt It'll please 'em all).

*** Other News ** More work on the current Dark Matter Matrix is being undertaken on the Chroma Cr part of the matrix - an attempt to flatten the hi freq noise in the reds. Details soon.

Driftwood 'Cluster' v1 - Long GOP 12 for PAL users - 15 for NTSC - sete.zip
  • @mozes not helping...it still freezes. ANYBODY HELP? The camera still freezes even with Sandisk 95 Mb/s disk. This happens only to 720p.

• @driftwood > "ITS THE ONLY LONG GOP SETTING I'LL EVER MAKE SO NOOO MORE."

LOL! Thank you sir!

Yes, once your using intraframe, it's hard to step back. This shoud be a large improvement for event users that are OK with the long GOP motion.

• @uzland copy the 720 stuff out of 'Cluster' it may help you. :-)

• How do I do it? What cluster? I am not that advanced with technicalities, sorry.

• "*** Other News ** More work on the current Dark Matter Matrix is being undertaken on the Chroma Cr part of the matrix - an attempt to flatten the hi freq noise in the reds. Details soon." i just jizzed my pants nick

• @uzland Copy β pictoris (seti.ini) & cluster (sete.ini) and ptools and firmware v1.11 to a new folder. Open ptools, load firmware. Now open β Pictoris in ptools from button 'i'. Uncheck everything to do with 720 in the patch names. SAVE IT to a new slot (e.g. the button labelled 'J'). Then, open Cluster by clicking the button 'e' ('sete.ini' geddit?) Now immediately click button J (or whichever button you saved the unchecked 720 settings to) and now reselect ALL the 720 settings - notice all the previous settings last opened by Cluster are there - checkbox all the 720 ones. Save setting to new button (Hold SHIFT + click button letter to save) - save firmware to sd card - done - you have just built your first combi setting!

• Will try now. Thanks. Hope it is not that hard:)

• its not uzland =) no worries its idiot proof

• I own GF2, I Need some help here, been trying setting since last weekend, I own regular class-10 SD card (Patriot LX series 16GB), and wonder what settin I should use to hack for the best image quality for indoor? I own a vintage MD F1.7-50mm lens with m4/3 adaptor. Also, 720P seems trouble on GF2 most times... Any suggstions? Thanks!

• If I click "e" and then "j" wouldn't I open "j" only? How does "e" affect "j" settings? I don't get it.

• @driftwood That's wonderful (investigating settings to help the red channel), if there's anything I can help out with to investigate the issue, let me know. Also, glad to hear that your daughter is doing well, best wishes.

• I have tried the Orion VBR,CBR patches and they seem fine, but i cant record longer than 10seconds on 720 60p mode. any suggestions?

• Question ? i'm lost with all versions (Cluster' v1, Orion v4d, Rocket, β Pictoris, Series 2, quantum V2…etc). What is the patch for have the best HBR 25p with a Class 10 SD ? For a documentary project Thanks for yours responses

• @Driftwood

Nick, first of all, thank you for your great work and dedication. After several patches releases, I guess that it's time to order it. Could you upgrade all your valid releases only in one link? Thank you very much

• @Daq I am using β Pictoris with GF2 and Transcend Class 10 on FH mode gives you upto 40 VBR, I am quite happy with it. (On FSH it gives you upto 75 VBR)

Untitled.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Captureg1.PNG
    1715 x 827 - 200K
    Capturegf2.PNG
    503 x 506 - 49K
  • @Driftwood in Cluster v1 the deblocking tables are on, is that supposed to?

• I think i have found the setting i like most.

• Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion)
      CBR - Q8 - HBR Fixed - Updated 18.30pm 06032012 with the 'Dark Matter' Matrix v1

Man this is something else.
    Even with that lens off mine.........
    shot with profile Nature -2 -2 +2 -2
    When added the levels plugin "Srgb to Crgb" in sony vegas, it almost hit the lower and upper border.
    No more correction was needed.
    In the clip i play with the shutter, that why its go from light to dark or whatever i was doing on that moment.

• @mozes Yep, nice and safe all round deblocking!

• Is Quantum X v4d (highest quality) supposed to span on a Sandisc 64gb 95mb/s? My two GH2s stop recording as soon as the file size reaches 4.3GB. I´m just asking, because I thought, those SD cards are almost godlike...

• @driftwood is there any reason 'Cluster' v1 With Orion (AVC Intra adapted) Matrix VBR should be used over β Pictoris with GF2. I am lost with so many patches around. For GF2 which VBR patch is stable and recommended one (for Transcend class 10 type cards).

Many Thanks

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions