Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF3 - another example of time waste
  • First we had G3.
    Primer of brilliant technology wasted by marketing department.

Now we have GF3.
    Wanted NEX with m43 mount and touchscreen with much lower resolution?
    Panasonic copied all the flaws from NEX for you. So you we'll be right at home since your purchase.
    Pass your pink NEX to your doggy and spend other $700 on this.
    You don't want to spend such money on such thing?
    You must be fucking moron.
    It's cool and dandy. Some think that it is only cool. But I'll tell ya - it is fucking dandy.
    It is slick and dandy, no fucking controls that can screw you mind.
    Just click on that shiny button and "masterpiece guaranteed" (tm)

See details about GF3 at:
    http://www.43rumors.com/continually-updated-panasonic-gf3-and-leica-lens-announced/
  • 42 Replies sorted by
  • Agreed...why buy it? Is basically the same as GF2 (like NEX) and you can pick up previous models cheaper.
    Ergonomics of these smaller bodies are not good to use in practice. I have enough trouble holding my GF1 with my larger manual lenses. Only good with the pancake I guess...why not just make another LX?
    The point I got into dlsr/evil is the ability to have full control,be creative and experiment...not have the camera do the work for me via touch screen.
    Yeah I know its aimed at a particular market (women/children) but still...the semi pro/pro cameras are lacking and were getting a bit oversaturated with "updated" cameras like the new Nex/GFs that are lacking new innovations and upgrades within image (some company please sort this rolling shutter issue!)
    Saying that...still no credible succesor to GF1...kinda makes me love my GF1 more!
    Stop wasting time panny!
    Also leica f1.4mm rumoured price?...bad move!
  • Finally they made camera in proper color:

I want one. Better, I want full box of em. Could last a while with girls :-)
  • That hurts my eyes!
  • Well, at least no-one will try to steal it!
  • Thank gawd. My wife didn't see it.
  • Hey, I bet if anyone bought that, Vitaliy could probably create a hack to change the colour? I bet there's a menu checkbox somewhere where you just select Pink / Orange / Blue / Yellow / Green spots etc...

...but you can only do it once.
  • Actually this is a good news... I think. GF line is getting super light and super girly. Let Panasonic sell lots and lots of GF3. GF2 didn't sell a lot. I guess the rumored GP line is the next. No I won't get GP or m43 version of L1, either. I'm set with GH line. New pro m43 body might... just might... bring new fast m43 zoom. I will be happy with F3.3. Power OIS, silent fast continuous AF, and parfocal!!!
  • @stonebat

Again, do not count on rumors.
    Mostly it is bullshit. Otherwise it is marketing.
    Like with all, but last GF3 leaks. None of the real info that could hurt leaked :-)
  • omg...that's why I still think that the GF1 is not outdated...
  • stonebat vowed: "No I won't get GP or m43 version of L1, either..."

If you have any legacy Four Thirds lenses to attach to it, the Panasonic L1 is a manfully-sized brick with an implacably old-school attitude. I picked one up used for $199 and it literally sledge-hammers Nikon and Canon fan-boys into submission. And as an added fringe benefit, the L1 produces impeccable 7.5 megapixel still photos with some of the beefiest photocells found on any Four Thirds sensor. Highly recommended for shooting award-winning eBay pics and pumping multi-rep bicep curls.
  • Fugly camera. Where is the point of it? I think they should make another line instead of making the GF-line a NEX clone. Or maybe GF stands for...girlfriend? LOL
  • @LPowell I had my friend's L1 for a night. The kit lens had horrible AF on GH2. I'm sure GP, if we ever get the model, would be nice. A true successor of L1. But I doubt it would have better video capability than GH series. Yes I use GH primarily for video. 43 body for photo... I don't know. It was odd choice for me to get m43 system. I'd rather go for mainstream in photo. Prolly Nikon. GH2 + D7000 would be nice. Then I would have to cancel PL 25/1.4 preorder. But Nikon 35/1.4 is $1700!!! 85/1.4 is $1600!!!!! WTF. Canon is cheaper... Get a super discount during x-mas season. Get 600D, a free printer, double lenses, blah blah deal... around $700. Good to go.
  • Get Samyang 35mm with Nikon mount, cheaper, better, and could use on Canon or m43.
  • i have the GF1, gh2,gh1 did not like the gf2 but kinda like the gf3......not all that bad with a girlie camera for change,a hack from vitaly can make this a super girl! haha i can tell you it makes you want to press its buttons more than usual or more than others!
  • @vitaly
    now that there is the new update firmware version for GF3
    can we we expect a hack for this cam....its full HD and can take real good footage despite its girlie look
  • It uses other encryption, so same thing with damping as with GH2.
    Requires bunch of interested guys.
  • hmm... i was for a hack but maybe wait for the GFX1(with GH2 tweaked sensor ????) that is comming in november/decembre

and the GX1 coming in the same time...?

but this is vataliy plans so...
  • Take any rumors with a grain of salt.

It's no brainer to get GH2. It is a miracle that we have GH2 hack. Not sure how long we can be so lucky...
  • Yes GH2 hack is a bless... but i was talking about a hack for more (costumers peoples)

random: just an example 80% of videos on youtube are 360 or 480p video and what about a camera that will make people more lover of HD with not having a big box and looking like a producer and people like wtf all of you know that eye...
  • @amateur

As I said, no problems, but we need to get GF3 body, pay for shipping + for dumping.
  • Why didn't you say so? You'd get enough funding for a couple of GF3 before this week ends. You know... 99% population support you. Make sure you get pink color. Use it as a girl magnet.
  • >You'd get enough funding for a couple of GF3 before this week ends

I doubt it, really.
  • Trust me. Let the dvxuser forum users and the 43rumors readers know about it. GF3 is getting quite popular. So is G3.
  • just got GF3 chocolate color for wifey. its seriously so cute!!! kawaii!!!! i need a matching outfit... haha
    335826_2450708903727_1132125665_2749392_1611265569_o.jpg
    2048 x 1520 - 802K
    20111025-P1000048.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 879K
  • hmmm.... exposure can't be locked for video. that's a bummer. there's a menu option to prevent continuous af during video recording for m43 lenses. 14mm 2.5 works really well on GF3 for video. intelligent auto mode works ok. silhouette option is missing from my color mode. better skin tone color. overall i like it for everyday photo camera and candid video.