Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: Unemployment - same old tricks on new level
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @bostonmike since when does health insurance consider your income? LOL it's not like when you make more money they automatically find out and up your rates, I think there may be some other factors in your situation ;).

• Vitaley,

Another source for stats not manipulated by current government tricks:

shadowstats.com

Also, keep in mind that most of the jobs being "created" are government sector, which are counter-productive, and only further serve to siphon the wealth and rights from every individual.

• xyltha,

You're absolutely right, but he can be blamed for continuing the same policies as Republicans before him, and even for creating new ones which further reduce every individual American's ability to find employment.

The most pertinent issues at hand, which has the most disastrous consequences upon the wealth of every individual? The existence of a fiat-central bank, called the Federal Reserve, and our military occupations throughout the world.

-Hood

P.S. Ron Paul 2012

• @Nickben

Blaming President Obama (that's the current US Presidents name btw), as if he created this trend, is not fair. It's politics as usual. As the kids say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Do you think if a republican is elected they will hold corporations accountable for anything? That is part of the Republican platform!

We could go over this stuff all day, but I want to get out and shoot before the light is gone.

• "The adjustment increased the estimated size of the civilian noninstitutional population in December by 1,510,000, the civilian labor force by 258,000, employment by 216,000, unemployment by 42,000, and persons not in the labor force by 1,252,000. Although the total unemployment rate was unaffected, the labor force participation rate and the employment-population ratio were each reduced by 0.3 percentage point. This was because the population increase was primarily among persons 55 and older and, to a lesser degree, persons 16 to 24 years of age. Both these age groups have lower levels of labor force participation than the general population."

From here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

It seems that reducing the labor force by 1.2 million is a pretty easy way to get the unemployment percentage to go down.

• I used to be a truck driver and I paid $25 a week for my family's heath insurance.....I went back to college to become a registered nurse and now I pay $185 a week because my income is higher (not that much higher)....America is the land where you fight to get ahead and they keep pulling you back down. If there is way for the government to fleece money out of your paycheck then they will find a way to do so. Meanwhile people on welfare get a free ride on the backs of the struggling middle class. In fact, they make more money on welfare than if they went out and worked....something is wrong with a system that rewards those for not working and penalizes those who are more industrious or hard working...if I didn't have to pay $185 a week in healthcare, I wouldn't have to make $17 camera rigs..lol

• @NickBen

Idea of moving Apple jobs back will result in disaster. It is not that moving jobs is bad. It is that Apple and few similar companies are giant cash cows used to finance problems. This not only require money they actually don't have already (only on bank reports). But it'll also require to recreate all the suppliers, technologies, education that had been lost.

Right now idea is more simple. Introduce global haos and war. Controlling key energy sources at the same time (under controlling I mean ability to destroy main production bases in short time).

• Current US President is only concerned about 1 job in the US... I hope he gets an early retirement and takes that position on Apple's board ASAP...

I say that because he's relentlessly Pro-Apple and NEVER criticizes their massive profits and the lost tax revenue from overseas outsourcing, yet they are one of the biggest exporters of Manufacturing abroad

You would think in this economy the President would propose a new Apple manufacturing plant in Harlem or Detroit, so the black youth could get a chance for good paying technology jobs, but no... those jobs are outsourced to the Chinese youth at slave wages

Apparently, our President's greatest achievement was making people disappear from the US workforce...

• Few more interesting facts:

• US started fiscal year 2011 (Sept 30, 2010) with 129,885,000 employed
    • US started fiscal year 2012 (Sept 30, 2011) with 131,694,000 employed
    • at January 31, 2011, the US had 130,456,000 employed
    • at January 31, 2012, the US had 132,409,000 employed

Said otherwise, in the first 4 months of fiscal 2011 the US "created" 571,000 jobs; in the first 4 months of 2012, the US "created" 715,000 jobs. More importantly, between January 31, 2011 and January 31, 2012 the US added 1,953,000 jobs.

And yet...

Over the same period, as shown above** tax withholdings are actually trending lower in 2012 compared to 2011! ** But that's not the kicker. This is:

• The 130.456MM workers "employed" at January 31, 2011 created a total of $592.985MM in withholdings, or on average of $4,545.48 per worker over the first 4 months of the fiscal year 2011.
    • The 132.409MM workers "employed" at January 31, 2012 created a total of $592.675MM in withholdings, or on average of $4,476.09 per worker over the first 4 months of the fiscal year 2012.

Translation: **based on the above, even as America was "creating" jobs, 2 million to be precise (and 2.5 million between Sept 30, 2010 and January 31, 2012), the government tax revenues created by these jobs actually declined in 2012 compared to 2011, on a per job basis, by roughly 1.5%! **

Via: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/quality-assessment-us-jobs-reveals-ugliest-picture-yet

unempl.png
    800 x 419 - 112K
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions