Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput Monitor with histogram, focus assist, zebras
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • According to things I know the issues have indeed been fixed. Silk-screening paint problem is corrected as is focus peaking in colour as well as black and white.

• Has anyone heard any more on whether the lilliput has had the issues fixed? I've searched but not seen anything.

• @atomcc: I see. I find it plenty large for my needs, but I'm looking into getting the non-peaking Lilliput for an AC-monitor (the res should help more than enough, plus it has zoom, which is what you as an AC really need), as my DP4 handles well enough with peaking when I'm alone.

• I have ordered it- The I/O version without peaking. Not expecting any color accuracy, but with its resolution I´m hoping it will be useful for focusing. 230$ and free shipping to Spain.

• @Gabel That is a great monitor too. Looking for something larger though. Thanks!

• @atomcc: Don't know if you count it, but the SmallHD DP4 is great.

• Hi,

Does anyone know what aspect ratios it supports? I doubt it will do an anamorphic de-squeeze but it doesn't have any specific information on their site. Are their any less expensive options besides the SmallHD6 and Zacuto for anamorphic viewing?

Thanks, Jeff

• @PixCanFly Thanks for the heads up, managed to cancel my order in time.

• I hope to see a deal that will exclude America only :)

Problem is that this is very specific company coming from low end car oriented (read bad and cheap) small monitors niche. So, they work differently compared to specialized firms.

Worst thing about this monitor is it's cheap LCD panel. If it had been Kindle Fire panel, for example, it'll be whole different story.

All they did is got simple TV LSI chip and programmed some features. I don't understand why other companies are so lazy still.

• @VK I hope to see a deal that will exclude America only :)

Just a heads up, those issue about the monitor is very true. My friend went ahead and bought one directly from the distributor and is now pulling his freaking hair out. So waiting a bit longer till they get it right is not a bad thing.

• Do they have any plans on fixing the issues?

Yep, they are working on it.

• @Vitaliy

Do they have any plans on fixing the issues?

• I am still working on this.

Here are the problems:

1. Monitors clearly have few issues. Until they'll be fised it make no reason to buy them.
    2. Company has religious fear to paypal. And won't use it.
    3. It could be that deal will be only for America.

Generally, I like their approach and skill only slightly more than Tilta. And I hate Tilta :-)

• @nfnte

Once VK works out a deal it will be posted on a main Topics page.

• Does anyone have a link to purchase this monitor

• If you're interested in this monitor, you really should read PixCanFly's link - all the specs look good, but there seem to be a couple of serious problems - the worst seems to be any colour profile adjustments you make (i.e. any calibration) resets to the factory defaults whenever you turn the monitor off

• @vitaliy Are their management hackable? :)

• @PixCanFly

I know about this topic.

Some things need to be fixed first. I also have quite interesting talks with their representatives and managment.

• I came across this site tonight researching this monitor. Im not sure how this site works, but Im interested in getting in on the deal if we can get it cheaper. Can someone direct me to info on how this site works or explain a little. Whats the price on the monitor to get in on the deal?

• @PixCanFly Thanks for the heads up.

• Looks like some early adopters of this monitor has discovered some problems. Let's hope a firmware is on the way to fix it. However, I'm quite skeptical that a product at this price range will see any firmware update :( Hope I'm wrong though.

• Just a heads up - The Lilliput 7" 5D-II-O-P is available on Ebay for those who don't want to wait.

• This could be my...everything

• This could be my first ext monitor...

• I am interested in this deal, too. Thanks for looking into it, Vitaliy.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions