Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput Monitor with histogram, focus assist, zebras
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • @VK I hope to see a deal that will exclude America only :)

Just a heads up, those issue about the monitor is very true. My friend went ahead and bought one directly from the distributor and is now pulling his freaking hair out. So waiting a bit longer till they get it right is not a bad thing.

• I hope to see a deal that will exclude America only :)

Problem is that this is very specific company coming from low end car oriented (read bad and cheap) small monitors niche. So, they work differently compared to specialized firms.

Worst thing about this monitor is it's cheap LCD panel. If it had been Kindle Fire panel, for example, it'll be whole different story.

All they did is got simple TV LSI chip and programmed some features. I don't understand why other companies are so lazy still.

• @PixCanFly Thanks for the heads up, managed to cancel my order in time.

• Hi,

Does anyone know what aspect ratios it supports? I doubt it will do an anamorphic de-squeeze but it doesn't have any specific information on their site. Are their any less expensive options besides the SmallHD6 and Zacuto for anamorphic viewing?

Thanks, Jeff

• @atomcc: Don't know if you count it, but the SmallHD DP4 is great.

• @Gabel That is a great monitor too. Looking for something larger though. Thanks!

• I have ordered it- The I/O version without peaking. Not expecting any color accuracy, but with its resolution I´m hoping it will be useful for focusing. 230$ and free shipping to Spain.

• @atomcc: I see. I find it plenty large for my needs, but I'm looking into getting the non-peaking Lilliput for an AC-monitor (the res should help more than enough, plus it has zoom, which is what you as an AC really need), as my DP4 handles well enough with peaking when I'm alone.

• Has anyone heard any more on whether the lilliput has had the issues fixed? I've searched but not seen anything.

• According to things I know the issues have indeed been fixed. Silk-screening paint problem is corrected as is focus peaking in colour as well as black and white.

• @mythmaker Thanks very much, that's brilliant news.

• Ordered mine yesterday Will report when it arrives

• Is there PV deal coming ?

• I was talking to a guy at the company to buy one and got an email saying all the issues have been fixed. Here's a couple of lines from his email to me.........

Hi,

How are you these days? Hope everything goes well with you.

I am writing to you to tell you that we have solved the paint issue and updated the firmware of 5D-II/O/P.

Also, we added another function, which the Peaking function can be with B&W or color version, you could choose it from the menu.

• Which is better the Lilliput 7" with peaking or he Ruige. Prices are very similar.

• I've got the non-p version, and it's OK. A bit slow and clunky to operate, which makes switching between 1:1 and normal a bit of a pain, but in terms of overall value, I don't think it can be beat.

• if you could get the ruige for the same price do you think you would have gone for that?

• The S701HDA is about $400, the 5Dii/o about $200. I don't think it's possible to get them at the same price.

• @itimjim was thinking about the ruige TL-S480HDA

• Where do you buy this monitor, the one that will have the new 1.7 firmware?

• Just got this new monitor today. Mine is 1.7 firmware so it's the new one. Spent $320 on the 5D-II/O/P including hot shoe.

• @au8ust, can you make a small review? Where or who on ebay did you buy it from if you bought it from there?

• Bought from http://www.ebay.com/itm/160737652591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 the seller offered me $320 shipped.

I don't use external monitor a lot but compare to the Marshall V-LCD70XP-HDMIPT-PV 7" HDMI monitor I've used this new Lilliput is a great monitor for its price ($320 vs. $1000 monitor). It's lightweight, good built quality and packed with a lot of useful features. What I really like is the attachable hood that you can use to protect the LCD when it's not using as well. And, yeah! HDMI output! (Although I didn't try that yet).

What I don't like about this monitor is there are some delays during mode switching. I have to wait about 2 (or 3) seconds once the record button is pressed (on 60D) before the screen is back on which sometimes might be too slow for me.

The peaking feature isn't accurate and the resolution is quite not impressive (both is same for the Marshall one). So I'll just use an EVF for focusing. One more thing is no frame guide such as 2.35:1, etc... they might add this in the future (which is unlikely IMO).

For $320 this is the excellent monitor I've seen.

• @au8ust ,

Hi there, I'm thinking about buying this monitor. Now that you've had it a couple of days, has your opinion changed? Is it worth getting? I really wanted to get it for the peaking as trying to focus on the little 3" is really difficult.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions