Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput Monitor with histogram, focus assist, zebras
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • When you switch on the monitor, it displays a message (top right hand corner) " HDMI 1080I, 50Hz" - so that's confirmation coming direct from the monitor

• Yes, it works... in all 1080 modes - 1080i FSH &FH, HBR, 24P & Variable Movie Mode. However none of the 720 modes work with the GH2 - the option to switch (REC MODE) gets greyed out the moment you switch on the monitor, and will default to 1080i FSH

• @au8ust & @jamesjjs Since both of you have the monitor, I wonder if you could check something. At rcmachine's ebay page it says that 1080i is not supported. Could you put the GH2 in 1080i mode and see if the monitor works?

• Mine is stuck with spanish customs for 5 weeks now!

• Great! Thanks for the honest opinion. I think I will save myself a few hundred $ from the SmallHD DP6 and opt for the Lilliput.

Thanks

• I just got the model with peaking (Lilliput 5D/I/O/P). Works a treat with the GH2 - absolutely no delays or any funky behaviour!

Peaking, however.... well. In all honesty, it works - but it is not needed. The one-to-one pixel magnification would be a better judge.

And peaking feels more like a gimmick... frankly I would have saved some cash and gotten the one without peaking.

Overall though, it is an excellent buy. It does not feel cheap - it has a lovely rubberised coating. The buttons have a nice solid tactile feel.

• Did you buy the peaking model? How well does the peaking work?

• Got a chance to try this monitor with GH2. The resolution is incredible! Good enough to focus on the monitor.

• We got the I/O version without peaking and it serves its purpose: High res enough to pull focus (better then LCD on GH2) and if you raise the sharpness level on the monitor you get a Peaking-ish mode. It works like a charm for my associate who wears glasses and find the LCD to small for critical focus. The monitor hood is great and folds in protecting the screen. Great buy!

• For me, I found that focusing from the camera's LCD is still more accurate. For peaking, I don't know if it's only because I don't know how to use it properly or it's really that bad but it isn't really work in the way it would.

As I've mentioned, at this price I don't see any monitor would match this Lilliput.

• @au8ust ,

Hi there, I'm thinking about buying this monitor. Now that you've had it a couple of days, has your opinion changed? Is it worth getting? I really wanted to get it for the peaking as trying to focus on the little 3" is really difficult.

• Bought from http://www.ebay.com/itm/160737652591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 the seller offered me $320 shipped.

I don't use external monitor a lot but compare to the Marshall V-LCD70XP-HDMIPT-PV 7" HDMI monitor I've used this new Lilliput is a great monitor for its price ($320 vs. $1000 monitor). It's lightweight, good built quality and packed with a lot of useful features. What I really like is the attachable hood that you can use to protect the LCD when it's not using as well. And, yeah! HDMI output! (Although I didn't try that yet).

What I don't like about this monitor is there are some delays during mode switching. I have to wait about 2 (or 3) seconds once the record button is pressed (on 60D) before the screen is back on which sometimes might be too slow for me.

The peaking feature isn't accurate and the resolution is quite not impressive (both is same for the Marshall one). So I'll just use an EVF for focusing. One more thing is no frame guide such as 2.35:1, etc... they might add this in the future (which is unlikely IMO).

For $320 this is the excellent monitor I've seen.

• @au8ust, can you make a small review? Where or who on ebay did you buy it from if you bought it from there?

• Just got this new monitor today. Mine is 1.7 firmware so it's the new one. Spent $320 on the 5D-II/O/P including hot shoe.

• Where do you buy this monitor, the one that will have the new 1.7 firmware?

• @itimjim was thinking about the ruige TL-S480HDA

• The S701HDA is about $400, the 5Dii/o about $200. I don't think it's possible to get them at the same price.

• if you could get the ruige for the same price do you think you would have gone for that?

• I've got the non-p version, and it's OK. A bit slow and clunky to operate, which makes switching between 1:1 and normal a bit of a pain, but in terms of overall value, I don't think it can be beat.

• Which is better the Lilliput 7" with peaking or he Ruige. Prices are very similar.

• I was talking to a guy at the company to buy one and got an email saying all the issues have been fixed. Here's a couple of lines from his email to me.........

Hi,

How are you these days? Hope everything goes well with you.

I am writing to you to tell you that we have solved the paint issue and updated the firmware of 5D-II/O/P.

Also, we added another function, which the Peaking function can be with B&W or color version, you could choose it from the menu.

• Is there PV deal coming ?

• Ordered mine yesterday Will report when it arrives

• @mythmaker Thanks very much, that's brilliant news.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions