Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 4
  • 586 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm, that really sucks for those of us wanting to use a grey card to WB.

Will using the the temperature adjust feature come close to what we'd get with a grey card, or are the steps too big?

• @shian try quantum v9 first. The Q is amazing. @tobnyot H and L passed my death chart tests with a voitlander 0.95 at f4, 400 iso sample.

• I think 100 Kelvin increments is tight enough. I've always used it to set WB with great results, this was the first time I ever tried to use the sample function, and was surprised to see the noise pop up.

plus you can save your WB result as a preset

• @shian

If I do a manual sample and set is it possible to see where the temperature is at after I take the reading?

• When doing crash tests I have found that if I hand-hold the camera (no matter how steady it seems) it won't fail. Sometimes, though, if I use a tripod it will - and quickly at that..

• My tests were tripod (probs the voigtlander differences over a panny lens). But fair does, just take it down to the usual 6080800 on the Frame limit then, it won't crash so easy!

• Quantum V9, Sandisk 64Gb 95mbs. Dramatically better quality all around. The best I have seen. Everything spans

The bad news: No spanned clips play back in the camera or mediaplayer. After creating spanned clips in 24h, no further recording is possible. No message but the recording indicator flashed briefly and stops.

• @Jspatz copy them over to your hard disk and theyll be fine on the nle. The quality is way better than anything out there. Its worth it. Try unchecking > 30 mins Recording and see what happens. Also try battery out/ back in, change a setting, turn off, then turn on again and see if it records now.

• They are all fine on nle. The problem is that I might be stopped further recording and I can't play back for client and checking. Do you think unchecking 30 will address these 2 issues, at least for 24l?

• Jspatz: Try this metod: After record a long file (spanned) shot a few seconds (only 3-4 seconds). I had a similar issue and I solved it this way

• Quantum v9b BETA *** Best all REC MODES QP Yet! ***

Only change from earlier released v9 is 1080p24 is back to 6080808 frame limit for stability on death charts. Plus, Max ISO LIMIT Removal on, 30min Removal On, Languages On, PAL<>NTSC On.

Quantum v9: Quantum v9: (if it already works for you, you don't neccesarily need v9b)

Video buffers put back to stock. 1080p mode tuned (slightly higher on frame limits) on AQ4 1080i tuned higher as above on AQ4 720p tuned higher as above on AQ3 seems best. mjpeg mode slightly detuned due to death chart failure (needs verifying) DETAILS: Video Bitrate 24H=154000000 Video Bitrate 24L=112000000 Video Bitrate FSH/SH=80000000 Video Bitrate FH/H=60000000 Auto Quantizer for 1080 modes=4 - All to details Auto Quantizer for 720 modes=3 - Most to details 720p50 GOP Size=3 720p60 GOP Size=3 1080i50 and 1080p24 GOP Size=1 1080i60 GOP Size=1 Encoder setting 1 1080i/p=1 1080p24 Frame Limit=6080808 60fps Frame Limit=1413779 50fps Frame Limit=1687144

Quantum v9b BETA - slight adjustment - setj.zip
    931B
  • @paglez Yep I remember doing that weeks ago. Dont switch off after a span record, but record a single quickie clip to stabilise the file allocation table on the card.

• Sorry but cross posted by mistake. Quantum v9. Unchecked 30. Shot a short clip after a 10 minuted spanned 24l would not play back. Then removed battery. The short clip plays fine but nothing gets the spanned clip to play. Driftwood, are you saying spanned clips playback fine for you. What could be the difference

• @jspatz what SD card are you using?

• Sandisk 64-95

• Besides its old news really. Span problems are inherrent with any patch over 44M. Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. The 64/95mbps is generally better & more reliable with spanning.

• Guys, I think with Quantum v9 we're VERY nearly there now... we can't please everyone all the time... Just a few fine tunes and some more mjpeg to sort out and thats it. I fucking love it personally, but then I would! Might just do a AQuamotion v3 to offer the documentary makers an all in one patch and to try and sort out this bloody spanning problem. Gonna take a break then...

• @driftwood,

All your hard work and effort is much appreciated, same goes to the testers and Vitaliy. I'm stuck at work...well for the next 4 weeks really, but am looking forward to trying out Quantum 9.

All the best

Sam

• @driftwood, or anyone,

Is Quantum V9 better than SeaQuake? Sorry for the question, but things get kinda confusing when you don't keep up for a bit.

• Yep, much better Q than seaquake.

• @driftwood,

Thanks for the quick response and even more for the voodoo you do so well ;) It is a lot of time and effort. Thanks.

• shian, I wouldn't jump so quick that preset white balances are OK. IMO, using the daylight balance, the red channel is too damn hot which "can" cause noise and also clips easy, so we need to watch this.

Also, based on what you just mentioned, we may need to see some tests that may "shed more light" to the white balance claims (including myself). Unfortunately, I'm on the road for the next 6 weeks!

Also, what's the assumption on the sensor, is it balanced at 5k (design wise)?

• @driftwood, QV9b is awesome! 24h is nice, but that 720/60 is amazing. Will keep this patch for now until you come up with else. thanks!!

• *** NEW *** 'Quantum100' **** (The AVC INTRA-100/50 rip patch) A preliminary patch for documentary makers before the final release of the high quality INTRA patch 'Quantum'. This is a very nice patch indeed for documentary makers /long recording times. Great quality & totally based on AVC Intra 100/50 so have fun.

This is exactly the same patch as Quantum v9b except 1080p24 is 100M/50M for High/Low setting. Everything else is the same. This is NOT a substitute for the highest quality settings of 'Quantum v9/b'

This is for people who require long duration recordings (1hr23mins on H and well over 2 hours on L setting on a 64gb card. If you like the quality and idea of having AVC-Intra100/AVC Intra-50 on a GH2 this is for you.

Night...

Nick

Driftwood 'Quantum100' patch - setb.zip
    1006B
  • Curious how QV9/b is with grain/noise in underexposed areas

Has anyone tested that yet?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions