Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vintage Lomo Lenses on eBay
  • Would these work on the GH2 with a PL mount adapter like a Pro Optic? Interesting lenses which look very useful.
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • That's where I got the ~55mm/20mm guesses. :)

• I'd recommend contacting Rafael here: www.rafcamera.com

I know he does KSK conversions and he could at least give you some help!

• I've been looking for more information on these KSK mounts. Can't seem to find any anywhere. I messaged a few people around the world and the best guess was ~55mm FFD, with a lens housing to sensor plane of about 20mm, which doesn't leave much room for an adapter. Pretty sure I'll need to change the lenses if this is the case.

On another note, they look almost identical to the original BNC mount (not BNCR), but I'm not sure their dimensions are the same. I'll know more when I get a lens and measure it.

• I see what you mean - well, if you are making a proper adapter you might aswell strip the housing (I guess there is no focusing mechanism in it anyway) and use some kind of bellows.

However, the rear of the lens is so far away at infinity that it should fit with an adapter.

• cool. I think the only problem I might have is that the rear of the lens in an OCT-18/19 housing is unshrouded. The rear of the lens in these housings look shrouded which would mean I would need the body of the adapter right against the camera body. If worst comes to worst, I can machine the lens housing shorter and move the focus pin forward for more mounting room. I'd rather not though.

• What are the odds? I just happened to have the optical block mentioned above! The distance from the rear of the optical block to the rear of the m43 mount (ciecio adapter) is 14mm.

• Aye the first 1 deliberates when built apparently latter builds numerically higher - got a link from Olex about this ... somewhere that explains it more, will find, just having Pro Tools losing whole part of programme crash so gimme a sec lol

• @svart

There are very few mounts with closer FFD than m43 so odds are on your side. If the FFD is closer than m43 then it's likely that the lens wont cover the entire sensor anyway, even if you could make it fit somehow.

That said, the lens elements look very much like regular Lomo elements - if so you are definately on the safe side.

If you look closely, it is indeed a Lomo optical element 1-35-1, which means it's the earliest version of the 35mm.

http://www.geocities.ws/kinor35/lenses/lenses-prime/035-oks-1-35-1.htm

Check the scheme of the lens.. I doubt it will get too close.

• Actually I'm more worried that I won't be able to get the rear of the lens close enough to the sensor to match the FFD. I can machine a mount with no problem, but I don't necessarily want to modify the lenses if I don't have to.

• @svart

He's pretty knowledgeable IMO, but not for all lenses and perhaps not for new technologies. Kinor & Konvas (and related lenses) he seem to know, inside out.

I think you could investigate making a bellows system or using an existing one. That way you'll avoid the FFD issue and only need to worry about making a mount to secure the lens.

• Yeah, I found Olex's site and emailed him. He's very helpful but he isn't very familiar with lenses. He's the one that suggested that it was KSK, not KCK. There still isn't a lot of info on the web about these lenses, especially the flange focal distance, which I would need to know to build an adapter. I'll have to get the lens, make a mount and guess at the FFD. The long rear tube of the KSK mount might make it hard if it's got a short FFD.

• @svart ksk would be the "western" name for it. Same with OKC (OKS) or OCT (OST)..

Here's a link to a good resource on these lenses: http://www.geocities.ws/kinor35/index.htm

I think, this is not the original site place - Olexcamera's moved around a bit.

• Ok so apparently this is a KSK mount, not KCK mount. Translation error. Supposedly it might be ok to adapt one of these to a mirrorless camera. I got one to try adapting. I'll make another thread for the process when I get the lens.

• Might KCK go by another name? I can't find a single bit of information about it on the internet. None of the Lomo lens websites/sellers mention anything about KCK. It's either OCT/OST-19 or BNCR for the bayonet type mounts. I don't see a KCK adaptor on Ciecio7's page either. If you have any links or info, can you send them to me?

These are Lomo OKC1-xx-1 lenses for 35mm cameras in KCK mount. They supposedly cover super35 per the seller.

like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300641529341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_8103wt_1396

• KCK is 16 mill mount AFAIK I made that mistake and bought a few lol Ciecio7 makes an adaptor but not tried - most probably vignetting.

• For that matter, does anyone know what a KCK style mount is? I asked a guy about a lens that looked like BNCR/OCT19 and I was told it was a KCK mount.

• Does anyone know what the dimensions for the oct19 mount (lens side) are? Looks like I'm getting back into Lomo via some oct19 OKC1 lenses and need to make a mount.

• @FGCU good call on the attachments, that's clearly possible. Yeah would like to see your lenses!
  • We discussed some of these lenses before at another forum, decided that some of the PL mounts look very dodgy.
    For example this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28mm-lens-OKC4-28-1-F-28-1-2-Pl-mount-Arriflex-Red-One-Canon-5D-7D-/220904538197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336eefc055
    The rear is far too thick. If my perspective is right, It would likely not fit PL->EOS adapter (e.g., ciecio7's adapters allow 14mm depth), probably might the PL->m43 adapters.

And take a look at this supposedly PL mount lens: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28mm-lens-OKC4-28-1-F-28-1-2-Pl-mount-Arriflex-Red-One-Canon-5D-7D-/220904549944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336eefee38
    This should be a native OCT-18 lens - notice a little slit at the rear, that's for the OCT-18 mount 'pin' to insert into, which holds the lens block in place while you turn the helicoid. PL mounts don't have that pin so you're just gonna end up turning the whole lens block - which still allows you to focus but you it's just not ideal.

This type of lens you should avoid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-wide-angle-lens-OKC1-10-1-F-10-2-8-10-PL-mount-Arriflex-Red-One-Lomo-/220908634962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336f2e4352
    is even a Kinor 16mm lens. Will vignette on ever sensor probably except Pentax Q etc. Having a PL mount is irrelevant!

And this is blatantly not PL mount: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenar-2-Lens-F-50-200-1-4-5-F-40-160-1-3-8-PL-attachment-Arri-Red-/220899301444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336e9fd844

Caveat Emptor, gents.
  • Ah. I think I might be able to deal with the focusing for the glass. A Zeiss Distagon 28mm is next on my list. So pricey!
  • @FGCU who did you get them converted from? Declos?
  • I agree svart, I still use mine but mostly for stills. I LOVE THE LOOK. Hate the focussing mechanics. The mechanics of the anamorphic LOMO is even worse - better on the expensive round fronts but the square fronts breathe and it is a very primitively engineered design of focussing. Again I am absolutely amazed by the LOMO anamorphic image but the focussing is killing the practicality a bit for me, and I am preferring Iscoramas a the moment. Those have come down in price a bit since the initial frenzy.
  • I've had a few OCT18 lenses and sold them. The problem I find with them is not with optics, those are superb, it is focusing. The ones I had had very fine focusing helicals. Rack focusing was a nightmare because of the amount of turns you would need to go from close to far. Also, the whole optics assembly turned and you could see it in some situations, especially with very sharp cameras like the GH2.

Very good optics and great for photos and static scenes but very hard to use in a film focusing situation.
  • They are beautiful lenses in terms of feel and optics, great sharpness and character... But the focussing is a bit of a pain. OCT 18s all fit fine. OCT 19 is more tricky especially on a Canon DSLR because there is less room for the varying depths of the lenses behind the adapter.
  • Thanks for the info. Just bought a 28mm/f2.5 from kubanoid.