Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lilliput A7S FullHD IPS On-Camera monitor
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • Internals (5:50 start)

• @Grimor

Can make short demo, explain how to reproduce and send them email.

• I found a bug trying to de-squeeze anamorphic 4:3 footage from Gh5 with A7s. When i set the aspect ratio to 2.35:1 on the monitor image became glitch like, with weird lines across the frame. If original signal is 16:9 then the 2.35:1 aspect squeeze without issues. Any tips or workarounds?

• I just got an A7s, my first field monitor, but I like it so far. It feels well made and is easy to set up. Took some time to adjust the color settings. Vitaliy is right about the blue channel. Here is what I ended up with adjusting the 'user temperature' by eye (attached to a macbook using 'HD 709-A' color for both monitors): Red Gain +122 Green Gain +126 Blue Gain +138

• Under "Custom Temperature" i can set Offset & Gain of each RGB channel. What will be a more accurate custom setting?

It depends on specific monitor. You can just connect to computer, find any place with grayscale generator and adjust by eye.

• Under "Custom Temperature" i can set Offset & Gain of each RGB channel. What will be a more accurate custom setting?

• @Grimor

Default white setting is not ideal, need to adjust B channel. If you look at Gamut CIE Chart you will see that adding slight amount of Blue prime to other channels is also good.

Gamma curves

RGB levels

sa1099.jpg
    800 x 359 - 43K
    sa1100.jpg
    800 x 358 - 37K
  • What does the lower red wave at white colour spectrum mean? Is this monitor color accurate?

• PV Lab Report: White Color Spectrum, sRGB Mode

PV Lab Report: Blue Prime Color Spectrum, sRGB Mode

PV Lab Report: Green Prime Color Spectrum, sRGB Mode

PV Lab Report: Red Prime Color Spectrum, sRGB Mode

sa1087.jpg
    800 x 287 - 61K
    sa1088.jpg
    800 x 287 - 54K
    sa1089.jpg
    800 x 286 - 56K
    sa1090.jpg
    800 x 286 - 47K
  • PV Lab Report: sRGB/Rec 709 mode color gamut

sa1086.jpg
    800 x 697 - 82K
  • PV Lab Report: DC Consumption Test at typical easy mode - FHD 30fps, Peaking

Cutoff voltage - around 4.60v (as voltage drop below this value monitor will turn off or blink or such).

Standby consumption - around 2,1 watts, very high! Make sure to remove battery!

sa982.jpg
    800 x 481 - 67K
  • Really affordable. But why they made bumper in such colors?