Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Trimming clips, making selections in .MTS files and exporting them
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @sohus

ffmpeg may let you open the .mts and convert to .dxv - i'm currently exploring this route also for use in resolume.
    there are GUIs for it but it's essentially a command line interface.

• I'm also looking for such a utility. Like how the GH2 does it in camera...I assume it's not re-encoding when you split a clip.

Smart cutter looks good...I've tried it and it does the job. Does anyone know what the trial limitations are?

Any other solutions out there?
  • For windows system try "Smart Cutter" ...
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    I already have the VJ software (Resolume + MAX MSP). I am going to shoot lots of short clips to VJ with and I am looking for Mac software with which I can load the clip, trim a selection, then save as 'in the codec that works best with the VJ software (DVX, quicktime)'. Simple + fast without making projects etc.
  • I think that you need to search google for "vj software"
  • tsMuxeR is the only tool I know of that can reliably trim .mts files from the GH2 without recompressing them. Even then, I would not trust it completely. Hang on to your original camera files if they are important.

If you are fine to recompress the video in the process, there are hundreds of tools for that - any video editing tool that can read AVCHD.